Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jenny Shute MBE!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's hidden away in the small print, but congratulations to Jenny Shute for being awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List, for services to British skiing.

Don't know Jenny? Check out http://www.teambss.org.uk/about-us/board-members/dr-jenny-shute/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone on the Honours board is clearly a skiing fan.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good choice.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles wrote:
Good choice.

Well off, plenty of free time? Then have an MBE then for doing your hobby.

Load of bollox when honours are lobbed about like this.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PJSki, Sour grapes by any chance? What have you done to promote the positive aspects of our sport, especially amongst young people? You are a really miserable old git at times aren't you (rhetorical question by the way, in case you don't recognise it as such).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue wrote:
PJSki, Sour grapes by any chance? What have you done to promote the positive aspects of our sport, especially amongst young people? You are a really miserable old git at times aren't you (rhetorical question by the way, in case you don't recognise it as such).

Rather be a sceptical old git than an opportunistic @rselicker.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue,

What PJSki, says does have a large element of truth to it. Whilst not denigrating any one individuals input, there are many volunteers within the sport who cannot afford to put the amount of time in that several (mainly ladies of a certain age) people are able to. There are many people working to promote and benefit the sport and, god forbid, some of us actually make a lying out of doing this which means that we have to go about this in as professional manner as possible because our livelihood depends on it. This is not true of many of the volunteers involved.

It means nothing to me that anyone gets an honour, the telling thing is how they go about what they do. There are quite a few volunteers within our sport who do not seem to be doing things for either the right reason or they have their own agenda. I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular here, for the sake of diplomacy, but many of us within the sport know of at least one of these individuals.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Philbo, It has always been like that, in fact it used to be much worse. It is still a way of raising the profile of our sport, in particular here, the junior development. Any recognition is not just the individual's, it is also the organisation and ALL the people who have worked to bring it on.

The internal back-biting politics in the English Ski set up is exactly why I turned my back on it, having tried to open up the opportunities for all young and talented racers regardless of background. Selection should be based on talent, not on how much influence, money or both that ones parents &/or relatives had within the English set up. I walked away after I had to listen to some of the so-called selectors rejecting youngsters, not because they weren't good enough, but because "they don't have the right background". Frequently heard comments such "tidy enou but the pedigree is wrong" or "we don't know them at DHO so they ...." and so on. Sickening snobbery and self promotion back in the 70s and 80s. I walked away at the end of the 1980s totally fed up to the back teeth with the rampant cronyism.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For me honours are about rewarding people who do good works for the benefit of the less advantaged or for the greater good of society as a whole. Explain to me why some well off doctor should get a reward for her involvement at the elite end of minority sport, mainly participated in by the well off?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PJSki, In that case have a look at Paddy Dempsey - MD of Premier Travel Inn. OBE for services to the Hotel Industry.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
PJSki, In that case have a look at Paddy Dempsey - MD of Premier travel Inn. OBE for servces to the Hotel Industry.

Created jobs and helped improve an industry?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy