Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

XC skiers wanted for photo shoot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just received this. I've passed it on to the XCers I know, but I don't think they fit the criteria too closely. Maybe of interest to someone on here??

Male skiers needed for a cross-country photo shoot for GQ style magazine

Looking for a group of male skiers who can also cross country from between 25-55 years old (it’s a telemark skiing shot), needed for a 3 day shoot in Norway this weekend 23rd June – 24th June or possibly next week.

Have to be VERY passionate about skiing, an outdoor person and have an interesting look.
It will be £500 per person for the weekend with all expenses paid for.
If you are interested please send us some pictures of yourself and a short video (iphone) telling us a little bit about yourself with your contact details to:
assistant@sportspromotions.co.uk

Or you can call our office Sports Promotions on
020 8771 4700
for more information.

www.sportspromotions.co.uk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
so is it XC or Telemark?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CH2O, , why don't you call them and ask? Mind you, I would not be surprised if the agency don't know the difference...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RobW, Seems ridiculous as they're shooting in Norway, they have a pretty high population of both XC and Tele skiers there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CH2O, but do they have an "interesting look"?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RobW wrote:
I would not be surprised if the agency don't know the difference...

You could be right. Laughing

"very passionate about skiing" ...

And even more passionate about getting yourself photographed.

"an outdoor person" ...

Oh how I loathe that phrase, favourite of the BBC's 'country tracks' and country file'. It means absolutely nothing but I know it's supposed to conjure up the image of rosy-cheeked public school boys & girls abseiling up Kilimanjaro on elephants whilst on their Duke of Edinburgh awards schemes.

"have an interesting look" ...

Blchhh !! Thankfully, I have an ugly, rather bland look that perfectly complements my mean and shallow persona.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:
CH2O, but do they have an "interesting look"?

Considering submitting a portfolio of your finest mountaintop Blue Steel moments?

Interestingly no requirement to be an ambi-turner specified.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, I'm an ambi-turner but my turns to the ride are led by the inner ski tip, is this an issue?

Surely this is worth a punt if you've ever been near XC skis.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very odd. Would love to do it, being, ahem, "functional" in both telemark and XC but a few problems present themselves: I have old knackered-looking "ebay special" ski equipment and still use the 75mm Nordic Norm bindings, even on my XC skis; it's pretty short notice; I'm not the kind of person that has photos of themselves and an iphone video on hand for these occasions; and finally, I would feel like a complete fraud doing a telemark / XC photo shoot in Norway, the country with possibly the largest concentration of good telemarkers / XC-ers in the world.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ap96, don't think they'd want you to use your own kit Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ap96 wrote:
doing a telemark / XC photo shoot in Norway, the country with possibly the largest concentration of good telemarkers / XC-ers in the world.

I'd have thought they can just turn up and throw a rock and get a number of very good telemarkers with the viking look going on. So maybe the interesting look they're going for is pasty overweight British desk jockeys in which case I might still be in with a shout.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ap96: I'm amused that you didn't flag up "have an interesting look" as an issue.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kieranm, I can be "interesting" Happy But whether what they mean by "interesting" is the same thing as me, well, fair point!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
is this by any chance a team of Nigerian film makers?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy