Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can't make the GB team there's always Thailand

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/7932222/Vanessa-Mae-I-want-to-be-an-Olympic-skier.html

Can't see 31, 5 ft 3 and skinny shaking up the world of skiing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
she can certainly afford to do it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good for her. I especially liked...
"These days, my routine is so different. These days, I get up at 5.30am to ski. Sipping coffee, overlooking the Matterhorn. What could be better than that?”
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Think it's just a bit of good PR for her. As she hasn't done any competetive FIS racing at all let alone a Downhill race I think it's all pie in the sky really. There is a minimum standard to meet to Qualify for the Olympics of 120 FIS points even if you are the only skier from your country to compete. She is the only female skier registered for Thailand, but to get down to 120 points in your first year of racing is almost impossible especially at 31.
Wouldn't take it seriously at all.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Plugboy, My thoughts exactly - a "celebrity" who does a lot of skiing seeks to use it a path to more exposure. Even if we assume she is a pretty hardcore skier the difference between that and FIS qualifying standard is huge.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I presumed that the "Downhill Skiing" bit in the article was just added by the journalist rather than that she is intending to ski DH. Kwame made it to the Olympics, though it took him a whole cycle longer than he expected, she will find it a lot easier to get good start numbers and clean courses than he did.

There looks to have been a fair spread of standards in the female tech events at Garmisch, I don't know whether there is a qualifying standard for them.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Women's Ski Jumping is the key. "Vannie the Eagle".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Crusader wrote:
Women's Ski Jumping is the key. "Vannie the Eagle".
glad you said 'vannie' Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Remember that she is the Katharine Jenkins of the violin - great at image and presentation, made a packet at cross-over stuff, but not really in the top league when it comes to serious stuff. She'll probably do the same in skiing as she did in music - big fuss, win some support from the gullible masses, but look pretty idiotic to those who really know their stuff. Still, if she's worth 30mill, she can afford to pi$$ away 500k/year for the rest of her life before ending on her uppers, so who's to stop her having a bash?

From personal experience though, I can say that (even way sub-Olympic level) competitive skiing and retaining the flexibility in your fingers to play a string instrument are definitely incompatible!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GrahamN wrote:
Still, if she's worth 30mill, she can afford to pi$$ away 500k/year for the rest of her life

maybe she could just help others who actually have 1/2 a chance Little Angel
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

maybe she could just help others who actually have 1/2 a chance

Now there's a better idea!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy