Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Post deleted.

Poster: A snowHead
Post deleted.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 20-06-12 11:31; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
a very sad tale indeed, but why do you think many people will listen to your story, you join an internet forum and the first post you make is to slate a company, good luck

perhaps introducing yourself first would have got you a better response (certainly from me anyway and i am sure others to follow) and led you to believe that this is quite a useful place where most people post good stuff, if you do a search of the forum for "pandora" you will see what you are about to create rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ihdc, so it wasn't faulty, you just bought the wrong thing. If it were me I wouldn't be arguing over the postage. Would love to hear their side.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've bought a camera from Dogcam in the past and had very good service. Shame you've had a bad experience but on the balance of things not all customers are unhappy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've bought a few items from DogCam and never had a problem. First time they quickly replied to a question I had about a bulletcam, then a couple more online purchases which were both straightforward. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ihdc, IIRC Dogcam is a member on this site and has previously offered a discount for Snowheads. So your whinging over a £7 postage charge isn't likely to get any sympathy on here.

For another point of view we have used Dogcam for accessories (they didn't have our cam in stock at the time) and have had no issues, customer service has been good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
£7? do you want us to set up a collection for you?

"gonna" ? seriously , how hard to type "going to"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought a bullet cam from Dogcam using their Snowheads discount. Prompt delivery, they efficiently answered a couple of after sales questions, so happy with my experience with them. Made some great snowboarding videos too Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This post is why forums sometimes don't work. You get somebody posting for the first time slating both a company and a company employee when it appears that they purchased the wrong product in the first place (not the company or company employee's fault) and then is sad enough to read the Terms and Conditions because he doesn't feel he should pay for the return of the mispurchased item.

By complete coincedence I purchased som accessories for my Go-Pro yesterday afternoon from DogCam. Didn't know exactly what I wanted so phoned them up for advice and then placed an order. The order arrived at 7.45 this morning.

In my opinion this post should be deleted a.s.a.p.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
marky, If I were the company concerned, I'd want the post to stay put.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marky wrote:
In my opinion this post should be deleted a.s.a.p.
Or left to stand to prove that the Customer Isn't Always Right wink

The OP has searched to find places that he can slag off DogCam, discovered snowHeads and registered with the sole intention of making a public criticism. But in fact he has prompted a number of recommendations for the company from regular members of the forum whose opinion, I daresay, will carry much more weight. OP Fail, on a comprehensive if not quite epic scale, I'd say.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My experience with Mark and Dogcam is the exact opposite! I purchased a head cam from another company and It was faulty. It turned out Dogcam were the wholesalers of this headcam and he was very helpful and after sending me 2 replacements which were still not 100% (not Dogcams fault) he agreed a deal to upgrade me to a better headcam. I since purchased several accessories from them direct and am 100% happy with their customer services.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What a pathetic performance. How many hours of his life has this idiot spent ranting about £7 postage cost incurred because he didn't pay attention in the first place? I'm glad there were people with very different experiences to report.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think the complaint is justified........... if genuine. It becomes a matter of principal after a while.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The OP yesterday

ski holidays
I'm not sure that the original poster is correct about one thing, according to the distance selling regulations it is the responsibility of the consumer to return the goods, they do not have to send them to the supplier but if the supplier has to collect them from the consumer then the supplier may recover those costs, so in this case the supplier is quite correct in not having to refund the postage costs.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I think the complaint is justified........... if genuine. It becomes a matter of principal after a while.

I agree, although registering here just to have a rant was bound to end up as it has
ski holidays
Have used them, never a problem.
ski holidays
Arno, Laughing
latest report
This is the professional way to go about complaining and getting even (supposedly all true):

http://www.27bslash6.com/f4s.html
latest report
Apart from the idiotic OP I cannot find anything to disagree with in the subsequent posts Shocked
snow report
Jivebaby, I'm very pretty.................... There you go. Disagree away. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Dot., Laughing
snow report
Good customer service or not, what they have done is against the law. The Distance Selling Regulations are not optional for businesses using the internet.

Just send it to small claims, and you'll have your £7 before the end of the week.

Companies do need to understand that the law isn't something they can opt out of. Whether they like it or not, this is the downside of selling things in this way - it is a cost to them (they will lose money on the transaction) but then they don't have to pay for a fancy shop with a bunch of sales people while their website does the same thing.

Of course whether you are being reasonable is another matter entirely. They have refunded your money. For an item of this value, and a mistake you made regarding the spec, £7 isn't exactly lifechanging.
snow conditions
Dot. wrote:
I've bought a camera from Dogcam in the past and had very good service. Shame you've had a bad experience but on the balance of things not all customers are unhappy.

This, I cannot fault the company or their service and would highly reccomend them.

Asking for a refund because you didn't read the manual properly is a bit low anyway.
latest report
Whether the complaint is justified or not is beside the point, really. The idea of finding a website on which to register solely for the purpose of a rant of this kind is idiotic. And maybe Snowheads aren't the only lucky recipients of the rant?

There are always sensible, and less sensible, ways of going about pursuing a grievance. This is one of the latter.
snow conditions
I thought quite a lot of places charged a restocking / repackaging fee if you bought electronic equipment and opened the box? Seems reasonable to me. Also I wouldn't expect postage costs to be refunded as the item wasn't faulty.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
This is the professional way to go about complaining and getting even (supposedly all true):

http://www.27bslash6.com/f4s.html

David is a funny guy, the party thread is worth a read.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This needs (should we wish to discuss further) into 4 parts really.

1. The point of the OP joining to express their feelings on bad customer service from a supplier and warning people off using them.

Seems on the face of it like sour grapes to me, and joining just to post that kind of backs it up, but let's see if they respond and put some more reasoning, if however it was out of genuine concern for other people then that's fine.

2. The fact that on the face of it they ordered the wrong product.

Now it could be they were badly advised, or were just not intelligent enough to do proper research.

3. The initial response from the seller in terms of replacement/refund.

I am not going to get tied up in the legalities around DSR but seems to me on the face of it if the customer ordered something and changed their mind then a refund is a good response, and fighting over the postage is a little bit much

4. The documented reaction of the seller once it got smelly.

Again without some meat on the bones we don't know how abusive each party got, but I would never 'block' an email address, so this sounds like it has gone a bit further in terms of tone than is perhaps being outlined by the OP, but on the face of it this does seem like a poor response.

I will add that I have used Dogcam a number of times and found them nothing but professional and helpful, but then again I know what I am ordering!
ski holidays
Lord Leveson will be free soon, maybe he could take a look at it.

This is what they call two bald men fighting over a comb.
snow report
ansta1,
1. Sounds like the latter
2. Sounds like the latter
3. Sounds like all of this
4. Doesn't sound like the latter. Cost of return is down to the buyer if he wants a refund. He didn't articulate "which" postage cost the seller wouldn't refund and I'm not "gonna" guess! The poor response based upon one side of the evidence and the glowing references seems to the that of the OP not Dogcam. Embarassed
ski holidays
Interesting this. They say you tell 8 people on average when you get bad service.

However, at least that many people (or thereabouts) have already stood up in defence of dogcam and their business...
snow report
This thread has just reminded me that I'm in the market for an HD videocam. Off to Dogcam to see what they've got. Thanks for the recommendation.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

Ahhhh butttt ..... that can possibly . . . errr sometimes . . . on the odd occasion .... really f*** you up wink
ski holidays
I'm going to guess that the OP has registered on several forums and posted the same thing to try and discredit dogcam.
snow report
So the OP's out of pocket by £7?

Build a bridge.

Get over it.
ski holidays
homers double, good guess!

http://www.google.com/m/search?q=Thinking+of+buying+a+sports+camera%3F+-+a+cautionary+tale&pbx=1&source=android-home&client=ms-android-hms-vf-gb&csll=&action=&ltoken=4405ee04

rolling eyes
snow report
ihdc wrote:
I thought I'd share my experience of buying a sports camera as the following was a real eye opener how some companies treat their customers with *complete* contempt.

Welcome to planet Earth. I'm sure the internet shopping experience on your home planet is in a different league.
ski holidays
I recently bought a lens (not from DogCam) - it was a good price via internet. When it arrived it was faulty and also it appeared to be a "grey" import thus explaining why it was a good £200 cheaper than any other supplier. I wasn't woried about the import status of the lens more that it was not working. However, I needed a working lens quicker than it would have taken to return this one and get them to send me another back. So I bought the same lens from a more expensive supplier and sent the other one back. I sent it back guaranteed, signed for etc which cost me over £15. Now you could argue I'm almost £215 down on my original purchase but I accepted that as just how some things happen. I was actually relieved to get a refund on the original lens cost a few days later.

To argue over £7 postage is just crazy. It's cost me more than £7 in my time just to read all these posts and type it up. The OP made a mistake in what they bought. We all do that sometimes, it's how internet shopping plays out. Just accept that, get your refund and go and buy elsewhere if you must.
snow conditions
johnnyh, was that simplyelectronics.com?

I started (or rather Mrs.D started) out with trying to buy a gopro from them. 6 weeks of no camera, I spoke to Mark at dogcam and had a camera the next day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy