Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski.....Problem Solved.

Poster: A snowHead
Bode Swiller, I'd rather do that than have to deal with Crystal Customer Services (again)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott, must feel roughly the same though eh?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller, Laughing in theory, yes; in practice...at least I'd have a slight chance of satisfaction from my engagement with the stool.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller wrote:

Are you saying that the OP is a liar? Not wishing to stir or anything Little Angel

No he is not, and no i am not.

Simon has been so kind as to offer his assistance for which i thank him.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snapzzzisnotaliar, so you're happy now?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snapzzz - glad crystals have been in touch and I hope you get something sorted out, must admit I was surprised by your willingness to perserver with them even when there are plenty of other operators out there, but your tactics seem to have worked! Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sack the Juggler, Thanks, Yes there are other operators out there and i can indeed take my business elsewhere but i haven't as of yet and that seems to puzzle some members but i will explain why at some point.

But what i will say now, on a positive note, is that Crystal have been brilliant on all the other holidays i have had with them, i can't fault them one bit. It is just this one that has gone wrong. And as such i really would like to travel with them again if i can find a way to reach a suitable conclusion here.
I know some people think that once you have been let down you shouldn't offer second chances but i personally think that that is a bit harsh. Everybody makes mistakes but its how we deal with them that counts. Don't you think?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
CEM, I will agree with you in so far as to take the deposit and book elsewhere - I had an issue with a First Choice Booking that turned into a Crystal Booking and as a result they have probably lost about £20k worth of my bookings since. Their "customer service" is abysmal. I really dont understand why TO are allowed to break a contract with a customer at no loss while the customer, if he/she was to do the same would probably suffer the loss of hundreds. The OP booked a holiday, if the TO doesnt provide it then the customer should get a reasonable level of compensation - not just offered alternative accommodation or refund. Companies should only take the booking if they can guarantee the accommodation.

I''m sure all TO's would be happy to offer your requirements for compensation if they were legally obliged to do so, which based on the comments about package tour regs, they're obviously not.

But be careful what you wish for - If that happens then your £650 holiday has become an £850 one - to cover the potential compensation claims, and we don't what that do we
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My last trip with crystal was in Feb 2011 and I had a great time and would definitely book with them again.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1718037
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snapzzz wrote:
I know some people think that once you have been let down you shouldn't offer second chances

If you go skiing with them 2 or 3 times a year, pretty soon you'll soon run out of tour companies! Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi,

It's only recently I've stopped using TOs, not because I've really been disappointed by any of them, but more that I've realised that I can save myself a small fortune by not using them.

Next year I've booked a DIY in Austria, 4* half board hotel for the family flying BA to Innsbruck, nearly £2000 cheaper that Inghams were offering the same holiday.

We get a small loyalty discount from the hotel as we are repeat offenders, and an early booking one as well, but that only adds up to 7% of the hotel costs. OK I have to get to Gatwick instead of Bristol, but because of the civilised BA flight times I think I can probably still leave home later that I would if going down the road to Bristol!

I’ve done :
• Crystal – not that impressed, but nothing to really complain about
• Inghams - one of the better in my experience, but again I wouldn’t shout their praises
• Neilson – probably between the first two somewhere, Thomson the same
• We did do Kuoni one year – as I remember it they were OK as well

As I see it, the only real advantage of a TO trip is that the transfers should be sorted and reasonably priced (some DIY options seem extortionate). The last TO trip I did the coach had to wait for the next two flights into Innsbruck to land before it could leave. As one of them was delayed on the way in, that led to a delay of about two hours between collecting our luggage and leaving the airport. Obviously also an unnecessarily early departure for many on the way back due to the one coach serving three flights.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bobmcstuff wrote:
wickyb, that'll be the airline's fault, so whoever Crystal charter with (Monarch?).

Crystal are part of TUI, and most commonly use their own airline.

But they do use some other charters, and even sometimes use the low-cost scheduled airlines.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
musher, we do both TO and DIY. TO tends to be late deals in early Jan or late March (not Easter) and they have some very good prices if you are on the ball on the net (so to speak Laughing ), are a couple and not too fussy about location. Also, they fly from regional airports. Since Easyjet pulled out of EMA and now so have BMIbaby, DIY is less of an attraction. For the snowHeads Arabba bash we are having to go from Gatwick which is a pain. There's nothing from up north to Venice without changing planes.

Like you said, sometimes you have to wait ages for transfers with TOs on the way there. OTOH, on the way back, if the transfer is late, at least the plane will wait! Swings and roundabouts ...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi, Jet2 are now doing EMA/GVA with a v.good luggage allowance.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
maggi, Jet2 are now doing EMA/GVA with a v.good luggage allowance Cool
ski holidays
Having seen the choas Jet2 passengers were in at Chambery last year I was stood in the Crystal queue for Bristol thinking how lucky I was. Lots of grumbling about never flying Jet2 ever again.
latest report
[quote="maggi" For the snowHeads Arabba bash we are having to go from Gatwick which is a pain. There's nothing from up north to Venice without changing planes.[/quote]

Monarch fly direct from Birmingham, Much easier than the remote Gatwick.

See Sky Scanner.

snowHead
latest report
spyderjon, thanks, that's good to know.

Chris Wood741, yes, I saw that. But they were more than twice the price of the (then £75ish) BA flights. If I were going alone I would have coughed up but as OH is going too, it was much more economical to drive to Gatwick. Have you booked Monarch? I can't see your travel details on the list.
latest report
Guys,

As a follow up i am pleased to say that my unfortunate situation has now been resolved to our satisfaction.
Crystal Ski have managed to find a suitable 2 bedroom apartment for us which is great news as our holiday is now back on track. Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
No other compensation was asked for again or received.

I would like to point out one thing before i sign this thread off and that is why i was reluctant to cancel my booking and take my business elsewhere as suggested by many members. This is simple. Cost.
Crystal have always been my first choice in TO because they do offer value for money and they fit my requirements 100%. We tend to Ski self catering and rely very little on the reps/child care and all other in resort services. We need flights, transfers and a half decent apartment and we have always found Crystal offer this cheaper than others.
When i booked it was early doors and there were great offers to be had that have now gone with most other TOs and we also had 2-4-1 on ski hire.
Sure i could have just waited until Dec and tried to grab a cheap deal but having a family means we are tied to certain weeks and we need to plan ahead with some certainty.

So i would to take this opportunity to thank Crystal for their help and say that unless something drastic happens we will continue to book with them in future. Although i am not sure that they would want us Embarassed
latest report
Good news, Snapzzz.

I believe you should always support a business that tries its hardest to keep you happy. If they don't, then go elsewhere and find someone who appreciates your money.
snow report
Snapzzz, Good to hear that Crystal have now resolved your problem satisfactorily, kudos to Simon Cross for getting involved. In fairness to Crystal perhaps you might care to edit the thread title to something like "Crystal Ski...problem, but now resolved" Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
Snapzzz, Good to hear that Crystal have now resolved your problem satisfactorily, kudos to Simon Cross for getting involved. In fairness to Crystal perhaps you might care to edit the thread title to something like "Crystal Ski...problem, but now resolved" Madeye-Smiley

I had already looked at doing that but wasn't sure it was possible. I will try again.
ski holidays
Snapzzz, If you edit your first post (use the scissors icon) the thread title is displayed (as well as your original text) and the title can be edited. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Snapzzz, If you edit your first post (use the scissors icon) the thread title is displayed (as well as your original text) and the title can be edited. Madeye-Smiley

Sorted, thanks. Should have guessed that really.
ski holidays
But, retrospectively changing the original thread heading makes it difficult for someone browsing later to understand a large proportion of the posts! They must think why would someone be so angry about something that is resolved?

Should all of the normal early December threads titled 'where is the snow?' be subsequently changed to 'here is the snow!' in about mid-December?
snow report
Mr Marmot wrote:
But, retrospectively changing the original thread heading makes it difficult for someone browsing later to understand a large proportion of the posts! They must think why would someone be so angry about something that is resolved?

Should all of the normal early December threads titled 'where is the snow?' be subsequently changed to 'here is the snow!' in about mid-December?

Not seeking to start an argument, but I disagree... Anyone reading the original post can see from the text (which is unchanged) what the OP's original complaint and feelings were. Changing the thread title identifies to the casual browser that the problem was satisfactorily resolved, without them needing to read through to the end of the thread, and rewards the tour operator for coming up with an acceptable solution. It's quite common on this forum for thread titles to be edited after a problem has been solved, it identifies if you like the OP saying "case closed"
snow conditions
Maybe the thread title should now read "Currently: Arguement about thread titles" Razz
ski holidays
rogg, Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi wrote:
spyderjon, thanks, that's good to know.

Chris Wood741, yes, I saw that. But they were more than twice the price of the (then £75ish) BA flights. If I were going alone I would have coughed up but as OH is going too, it was much more economical to drive to Gatwick. Have you booked Monarch? I can't see your travel details on the list.

Not booked yet. I think Monarch is worth the extra, the effort of getting down to Gatwick is worth the extra, I think.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy