Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone desperate for a Ski Esprit trip february half term 2013

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just thought I'd put this out there in case it's of interest to anyone.

Just found out in the last week or two that my wife is expecting reded78 junior number 3 in late January next year, which has obviously knackered our plans for half term ski trip.

I currently have a booking with ski esprit for the chalet hotel alba in Merinel for next february's half term (17th feb) for 2 adults and 2 kids. I've spoken to esprit and can get the majority of my deposit back / transfer the deposit to the following year / or claim on my insurance, but just wanted to know if the trip was of interest to any fellow snowheads as I know Ski Esprit are very popular and I think they are all pretty much booked out for half term.

If anyone is interested in looking into taking over the booking let me know.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where is Merinel?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
reded78, Congratulations! (and patricksh rolling eyes )
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
reded78, best of luck- the best reason to cancel a ski holiday

of course have you wondered about taking the older kids yourself?? (no- 2-3 weeks after is too soon even for me) you will now have the great privilege of trying to find hotel rooms for 5 (like us- it is pants)

patricksh, one keystroke to the left of its more famous cousin.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
>claim on my insurance
Doubt that will work. We had tickets to fly to Venezuala when we discovered number 3 was due. Insurance doesn't cover pregnancy as it is an 'an insurable event' as far as travel insurance is concerned.

Do you have details of the holiday?

As ed123, says, it can sometimes feel like the world is setup for the couple and two children when you have just one extra. Are you going to qualify for paternity leave? Will it fly to take the elder two using your extra leave? It wouldn't work in my family but you never know... wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Meribel it is!

I agree it's not a bad reason to cancel a trip - certainly came as a surprise though. Don't think going later in the year with one or two of the other offspring will fly, think the misses would rather a family UK trip somewhere if I can get the time off. To be honest I think I'll just push the deposit back a year as my wife has already said she'd be happy to go in. 2014 and look after baby (she's not much into the skiing anyway).

AndrewBailey, Interesting, hadn't considered that but it makes sense, it wasn't really something I'd considered properly.

The details as as above + think we have an inter-connecting room, lessons for kids (improver and intermediate), adults begginer lessons x 1, kids club afternoon sessions, supervised lunch, ski hire for kids and 1 x adult.

ed123, The hotel rooms for 5, car seat scenario's etc are already filling me with mild dread. Hopefully esprit will do us proud in 2014.

Confused Confused wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
reded78, my interest in family ski holidays in the school holidays is (almost) always directly related
to the price. How much are we talking ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not cheap!!! Prime hotel / resort / date etc.

Oh and did I say it wasn't cheap!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yup, my interest just tailed off wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
To explain a bit more, I'm a pretty big fan of Esprit, and have been on many trips with them. It crossed my mind recently whether or not it was of any benefit to book early.......seems not
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just a not on insurance. I had the same dilemma with tyke no 1.
First time skiers, Saturday morning booked weeks holiday with lessons, passes etc, and had to pay full amoungt of trip as we were travelling within 8 weeks. Sunday morning booked Snozone begineers sessions, bought full kit for the 2 of us and then Thursday morning discovered that mrs tyke was pregnant.
Crystal refused to refund or to let us transfer to another holiday etc.
Insurance refused to pay on grounds that you are not covered for pregnancy. However on reading the policy correctly it did not say that you could not claim for cancellationdue to pregnancy, on that you could not claim "For pregnancy" so we eventually got about 90% back.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Timberwolf, if new addition had not come along then I think we were right to book early to ensure we got the right kind of family room for our brood (think the majority of the bigger rooms with esprit will be full by know for next half term), but it seems as though Esprit are going to play ball and let us move our deposit back a year at a small(ish) admin cost.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Congratulations and good news on Esprit. I am of the same mind and would rather book early to secure a two room suite so that the girls get there own room but are still behind the same locked door as us.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

pregnancy as it is an 'an insurable event'

Sure there is something about pulling out early in the small print Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Classy!
latest report
reded78 wrote:
Timberwolf, ...............I think we were right to book early to ensure we got the right kind of family room for our brood.......

Fair point, as it is a tricky balance. The good news is, as they get a little older, you can afford to be a little more flexible and therefore booking early is not as important - this means late availability deals Cool

Good on Esprit for allowing you to make the required changes.
latest report
Quote:

Good on Esprit for allowing you to make the required changes.

With an admin fee too as reded78 has mentioned, when they could sell that holiday 5 times over and probably for a higher price too, yes very generous of them rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy