Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

bansko - bulgaria

Poster: A snowHead
I have tears rolling down my face Alastair Pink,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alastair Pink, made me laugh out loud that. funny.

this needs cross threading with the Respect The Mountain thread about collecting litter and tidying what people leave behind when the snow melts. Quality
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink, That has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on the Internet, I was laughing so loud Mr Leeds came downstairs to see what the feck was going on Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
theskibob,

http://youtube.com/v/wOIYm5B_Pw8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ahh georges hut, a little bit of old world charm in the middle of nowhere!!! he rebuilds it by hand every year, the tables and seats all hand carved (you have to see some of the stools to know what i mean!!) and the old skis made into drink holders, hes a lovely old boy who walks up the mountain every day and his home made sausages cooked over an open fire when its heavily snowing are great.....just dont go to the loo!!!!! Cool Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
iskar, I like it! "you have to see some of the stools to know what you mean"!! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
leedsunited wrote:
Alastair Pink, That has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on the Internet, I was laughing so loud Mr Leeds came downstairs to see what the feck was going on Laughing

I agree, havign seen it before - PMSL!

BTW - I though you were Mr Leeds....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing that video cheered up my afternoon no end. That'll team 'im to poke fun at furriners.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
smagsmith wrote:
If I could find that in the Alps, then I would give it a go for sure, but as yet, I have not found that kind of deal yet. Any recomendations?

Cheers
Smag

So can any of you guys recommend me an alternative. My attention has turned to next years March trip.
Looking for 5-6 days (3 to 4 days skiing). 2 x couples who like skiing, eating and a few drinks.
£1000 budget per couple

Cheers
Smag
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tignes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Me and the Mrs went to St Anton for just over £500 per person in April just gone. That was DIY though with 5 days skiing.

Return flights: Manchester - Zurich = £101 pp
Return train: Zurich - St Anton = £32 pp (£16 there, £16 back)
St Anton hotel 5 nights b&b = £184 pp
Airport hotel (Zurich, return journey) = £41pp
5 day lift pass = £151 pp

Total = £509 pp

With a cheaper b&b we could've got the price down to just above £480 pp though
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Andybag, sounds good Andy, but my budget includes spending money. Anyone else?

cheers
Smag
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whereabouts are you finding hotels in St. Anton for 189pp for 5 nights if you don't mind me asking? that sounds incredibly cheap!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ExSkiBum, I've been to Bansko and thought it was really good - not a big area but skiing not too bad. I have a report on here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1761380&highlight=bansko#1761380
latest report
ben1 wrote:
Whereabouts are you finding hotels in St. Anton for 189pp for 5 nights if you don't mind me asking? that sounds incredibly cheap!

Here's a few:

Pension Elisabeth - http://www.pension-elisabeth.at/engl_main.htm

Der steinbock - http://www.dersteinbock.at/englische%20website/e_prices_01.html

Haus bergland (cheapest I found) - http://www.haus-bergland.at/prices.html

This is where we stayed though, it was 88EUR for a double room, which at the current rates works out at £36 per person which is £180 for the 5 days. There's loads out there if you've got time to look (plus some can arrange slightly cheaper lift passes and/or hire if you enquire)

Rates - http://www.hausamfang.at/english/winterp.html

Main site - http://www.hausamfang.at/english/main.html

I hope this helps you a bit
latest report
Just watched that video. Had tears rolling down my face. With regards to Bansko, I've posted on it before, its fine if you don't rack up the miles or are happy doing the same slopes. The slopes overall are good though and have a decent mix. The lift capacity up from the town is poor and if all the apartments ever did get completed or full you'd spend a large part of the day queuing. I didn't think the lift pass was that cheap tbh. The food and rink was fine but I preferred going into the old town. It's nice down there. It's a fair way from the UK though with the double timezone shift and the transfer so not good for a w/e like I did at the time. I've been to Austria and found the apres not a great deal more expensive. Though anywhere seems cheaper than France for that.
snow conditions
smagsmith, this yesear me and gf booked to go to sauze(milkyway) at christmas we went last week in feb paid 325 each flights transferes half board staying at bottom of clotes lift, if you hang on you can catch some great deals,
ski holidays
ExSkiBum, The offpiste is excellent in Bansko but you have to know where to go, there's a lot of easy access and if you don't mind a 45 minute hike there's some amazing untracked stuff.

In Summer, the mountain biking is getting more popular every year and there are quite a lot of different events going on especially in July/Agust.

If you want any info, just drop me a pm. Very Happy
snow report
We got good skiing in Bansko in february 2012. Video review here:

http://youtube.com/v/NYbKJvsbPHU

But we had the much better skiing in Russian Kirovsk in april Smile Video will come soon Smile
latest report
[/quote]

So can any of you guys recommend me an alternative. My attention has turned to next years March trip.
Looking for 5-6 days (3 to 4 days skiing). 2 x couples who like skiing, eating and a few drinks.
£1000 budget per couple

Cheers
Smag[/quote]

Anyone?
snow report
smagsmith wrote:
Quote:

£1000 budget per couple

Cheers
Smag

Anyone?

You might be bestter getting a last minute deal, but if you've mainly skied in only one resort before, why not spend a little more and treat yourself?

earlier this year we booked "last minute" in Feb for a trip to Zermatt in March - it cost us £400 each for the flights, transfers, chalet accomodation, half board with breakfast, evening meal and all the wine we could drink, and we made sandwiches at breakfast for our meal on the piste.

Then you had to add the ski passes at £290 (to include Italy) and the ski hire £100 - so £800 each, so £1,600 per couple and we probably spent another £100 on drinks on the slopes.

I have skied mainly in Sweden in Are (which is great), Salen (which is good but limited) and have done Lilliehammer (which was great) and Les Deux Alps (also great), but the scenery and sheer amount of wide open pistes around Zermatt were breathtaking - I would recommend it if you can get it cheap enough.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy