Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Plan for next year is a week in Europe in Jan and 2 weeks in Canada in Feb/march.

Up until now have only ever bought insurance through BMC to cover time away

My main worry is what if one of us injures ourselves in Europe (or even on day trip in Scotland) and we are unable to go to Canada ( as by that point will have paid up ) - if we buy an annual insurance policy would this cover us to claim money back on the canada trip? can't seem to find this info on BMC website.

If this is not the case then it works out cheaper to get seperate cover for the 2 trips

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

MCL
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MCL, I would have thought an annual policy multi trip worldwide policy would cover you, so long as you can have that number of days skiing. Surely you can give someone a 'phone call and ask Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I asked the same question of Snowcard before I bought their annual policy last year, and they confirmed that I would be covered for cancellation of subsequent booked ski trips if I injured myself on an earlier one.

I also asked whether I'd be covered if I had to cancel a trip if I injured myself in the UK doing an activity not covered by the piste skiing policy (ie. multipitch trad climbing) and they said I'd be covered for this too.

Best to discuss and confirm directly with the insurer you plan to take the policy with if it's not absolutely explicit in the policy document.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks,that's good to know especially about other activities- I climb too and other potential body breaking activities! I'll give BMC a call and ask - might try Snowcard too.

I'm probably slightly paranoid after I broke my arm on dry ski slope once and partner broke leg winter walking! Will be avoiding both of those this winter!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I never heard of insurance that would cover you for injury BEfORE you leave, outside timeframe of Policy, but that would makw you want to cancel your trip, and this is where booking and paying for two ski trips in short succession can be a gamble. Also would it cover cost of cancelling your partners trip also? I'd be surprised if this is possible so do let us know what you come up with as I would be interested aslo.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MCL,
The salient point is that you buy an Annual travel policy which covers Snow sports as an activity. Others will buy policies which cover other activities such as Golf etc: I've never had a problems from the insurer regarding claims for a number of bookings which covered courses and accommodation separately –I’m puzzled why people are rushing to call when the policy should be quite clear.

patricksh, I've booked ski trips, passes etc and if injured, say just tripping on the stairs and I cannot ski either for a week or a season then I have claimed. Do you really think people are daft enough to buy policies that don't provide this cover? Maybe, as there are also plenty of equally daft people who don't even consider this risk, so presumably don't ever enjoy the cover they really need, but that's what annual policies are for.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try Dog tag Insurance for cover for various adventurous activities.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy