Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another 'where to go' for next year - boys weekend!

Poster: A snowHead
Once again, I'm organising the boys weekend - early Feb.

8 of us, all reasonably good skiers. We've got 4 days so can travel 2-3h from Geneva.

Usual basic but clean and warm accom, incl brekkie, poss dinner as well.

Want some good apres ski, lively bars though we're usually in bed by 12!

Thinking about Sauze d'Oulx.
Want to avoid PdS / Cham / AdH - been a few times.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shockingmoment, We used to do 4 days and did so for about 3 years until we realised it was easier and more fun to go for a week. Just a suggestion but it works for us.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does it have to be Geneva? What sort of skiing do you want?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Verbier?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Verbier but extend to a week and go to St. Anton (admittedly flying to GVA will be a PITA so try Zurich or Innsbruck wink )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get the train to Verbier. Very easy.

But St Anton would offer better value for money (at the moment - who knows what will happen by next Feb).

Where have you been before?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shockingmoment, Verbier, via Geneva and train, super easy. See other live thread on here for accom options.

Other option I would suggest is Kitzbuhel via Munich or Salzburg and hire car, plenty of options re accom there, go on Tourist Info website, standard of accom very good.

St Anton 4 days would be a lot of travelling and TBPH you wouldnt do it justice in 4 days, you'd only get 2.5-3 days skiing and be just scraping the surface whereas Vebier/ Kitzbuhel you'd be tracking about and do much more in the 3+ days you'd be out there IMO. Other options I guess are Val/ Tignes or 3V but a PITA re transfers for a short trip I reckon. Les Arcs is an option, train to BSM and telepherique upto resort.

Based on your brief I'd go Kitzbuhel, great skiing and top town wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark29, agreed, The only suitable flights from shockingmoment's location will be Manchester - Munich. Both Lufthansa and EJ have flights but the EJ flights arrive late in MUN. Could go out 1 and back on the other though.
I have looked at this recently for a short break and EJ fly Mon, Fri, Sun. arriving in MUN at about 9pm and depart MUN 9.30pm so you can get a full day ski in on your.

EDIT: Liverpool-Salzburg or Innsbruck are Saturday flights only
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, We always fly MAN-MUN Lufthansa and tend to get a 6pm ish flight out of Manchester and get hotel in Munich overnight, booking.com etc, next to main or Ost train station and early 5.40am train up, breakfast on train bought on platform (brilliant quality) sleep on train and in resort 9am latest, travel in ski gear, dump bags in train station lockers or at the b&b next to Galzigbahn and ski all day. On way back ski until 14.30/ 15.30, 3pm or 4pm train back depending how good ski day is, and late flight back MUC-MAN, typically just less than 4 days skiing for 2 days off work, super tired when get back though! Laughing

Easier if Kitz, just jump in hire car and arrive 11pm, return ski until 4.30pm.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shockingmoment, Just to clarify when I mentioned that travelling to St Anton for 4 days trip was a PITA, the above demonstrates its very do-able, but it requires all to be OK with humping gear on/ off trains, tight transfers and moving quickly, and above all the team need to be out of bed early and committed to the cause!

On the lads trips I've been on there are usually some of the party that make this sort of trip a no-no, maybe your team are different?! In ateam of 8 there'll be a couple of people who moan and drag morale down and this can be a bind, much better 1-2 hours from airport rather than 3-4 IME for this type of trip, taxi/ car from airport to Kitz is well do-able.

It takes some planning to get to St Anton but WELL worth the hassle.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We do any day arrival short breaks in Paradiski and also short breaks in Tignes, Espace Killy - if I'm not allowed to link to my site please take down my post (I'm always confused by whether it's acceptable or not!? but what we offer is relevant to the OP so hope it's ok!) www.mountainsunltd.com/short_breaks ; our short break prices INCLUDE Geneva transfers and catered accommodation including wine with dinner, afternoon tea, breakfast with hot option (and also soup and bread lunch in Tignes).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Joanne Mountainsun, Looks good, will contact you at some point re a long weekend in March '13 Tignes, need to look at flights etc. What time do you pick up/ drop off at GVA?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Verbier, the place is set up for a Lads weekend, lots of pubs n clubs on and off hill. Skiing is hard enough if you want an adventure, easy enough if your hungover and just need some mountain time. The place works in crappy weather as well as bluebird - a good many don't

Transfer by Train, Bus, Minibus, car and taxi all available.

Only drawback it ain't cheap - ok we are not talking Courch 1850 or St Moritz, but it's ouch compared to Chamonix or Courmyeur
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the rapid responses folks. I'll try and clarify a few things:
Geneva flights already booked (Weds pm - Sun pm)
Some of the group are highly committed / switched on, up early etc. Others not so.
Some are quite stingy so I guess Swiss is out of the mix?
Want to avoid PdS / Cham / AdH - been before
3h drive time max
Sauze is high on the list at the moment
Good apres is also high on the list

Thanks again!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
shockingmoment, Verbier it is then.
latest report
halfhand, +1

shockingmoment, Even though its CH IME its no more expensive than FR if your sensible and avoid obvious places like Carlsberg Bar, Pub Mont Fort etc and its more easily accessible, plus if you stay down the valley in Le Chable and use the new Bruson link (and keep a tight hold on your wallets during the day) you'll have a mega trip. Suggest you have a look at SBB for trains GVA to Martigny/ Le Chable etc, really easy to use, 2hrs max.
ski holidays
Quote:

Good apres is also high on the list

Never comes cheap wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy