Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have you (or someone you know) got a bald head and do you ski ;-)

Poster: A snowHead
Title of thread changed as I need a different picture

Has anyone got a photograph that they wouldn't mind me using for a physics paper I am writing?

I have a zillion pictures of my own but none of em are right for what I need.

Picture needs to have

1 Depth (so you should be able to see something near; like some trees or whatever also some clear sky or mountains in the background)
2 It needs to be clear and in focus
3 There should be shadows
4 There should be tones and definition (eg. in the snow there should be dips or moguls that are defined by edges, tones, etc)
5 Oh, of course it should be a snowy scene
6 There should be no manmade object in it (no houses, lifts, etc)
7 There should be no people in the shot

Last you don't mind me publishing it - I will give a credit under the picture your name, date, location, etc

Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 12-06-12 7:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No people is the killer. Not even distant people? Are ski tracks OK? I probably have something if I look in my home files but this one, for example is on snowMedia: (I should think you want more depth though - with foreground trees etc)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks

I need something in the foreground - to give it some perspective

Trees, terrain features, etc

The rocks and sky are fine though

Distant people can be photoshoped out so a few will not be a problem
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne, your welcome to use my image, if you need higher res just let me know
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
livetoski,

Thats more like it - but if poss a little more tones to the snow would be good

Sorry to be picky but the picture is for a very specific purpose
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There may be a very distant ski lift in this one

Or how about cropping the bottom off of this one:

I can probably dig out full res. of both if you are interested.

I'll have a look on the big PC, but the two above are already in snow media zone
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've found another here. I also had an other very promising candidate, but there are v.v. distant lift in it.

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Absolutely no one?

(I can edit them away if you really want Wink )

More: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76044

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 26-05-12 13:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
altis, Does a fence qualify as a man made object?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK, I've cropped one above just to see what would happen.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Wayne, if any are any good feel free to use Madeye-Smiley

I'll keep digging wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Judging from the response think I shall start a thread ask SHs send me a fiver from every possible city and town in UK for my project.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another couple of options

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sorry, 1st photo is bigger than I expected. Seems that Facebook is hosting hi-res photos these days. Not sure how to shrink the image to a more acceptable size, so if a friendly Mod can help...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

It didn't appear - trying again
snow conditions
Mods we need rob@rar's, image edited please - its made all the edit tools vanish from the edge of the postings AFAIC see!
ski holidays
Megamum, I can see the tools but they are way over to the right
ski holidays
Bones,
That's the one. The 4th one on your post is just what I need.
Lots of detail
Clear
Depth
Lots of various tones
and (something I didn't think of) danger - there is a gully in the mid foreground.

rob@rar If you don't mind I would like to use the bottom right courner of your big picture (the bit below the tree with all the tonal changes) as that will be perfect for another section of the paper.

I will PM you both in a few weeks for your details that will go in the credits.

Thanks

See you all on the
HaTFaB
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89101
latest report
Wayne, Pleased to be of assistance, that dangerous gully had some great fun skiing in it Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Wayne, I have loads of pictures of all kinds of tree/snow combinations - PM me if you need any more.
snow report
Image edited

For those who are interested in doing this themselves it's a function of the Img tag

eg.
Code:
[img=460,25]http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/xxx.jpg[/img]

Would resize the xxx jpg as an image 420 wide by 25 high
latest report
D G Orf, thanks.

Wayne, you're welcome to use that photo in any way. It's just a holiday snap, so no photo credit is needed. Send me your email address by PM and I'll send you the full res jpeg so you can crop it without losing too much quality.
latest report
rob@rar,
have done
snow conditions
In a desperate attempt to keep this “understandable” (by me at least, as I’m a bit dim)

I need a picture of a bald head on a ski slope or at least in a snowy area.
Oh the head can be attached to a person - either way wink

There is a good reason for this by the way
Yeah I know I could just use a helmet to explain the restricted entropic movement of cross-linked ordered polymers,
but I just like the idea of using a bald head Laughing and at least this will be a (tenuous) link into parasitic drag

As always I will give a credit under the picture your name, date, location, etc

You MUST own the copywrite of the picture, or I'll get in trouble for publishing it
ski holidays
Hi Wayne I have a couple of me ...bald head not skiing but in ski gear outside with snowy mountains any good?
snow conditions
here you go.. Blush

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/snowheads-personal-galleries/p26690-067.html
snow report
I have a high res version somewhere, but suspect the quality is not good enough.

snow report
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=127212675037&set=t.718181386&type=3&theater

and mine
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=t.718181386&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=127212610037&set=t.718181386&type=3&theater
snow conditions
redrunmarcus wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=t.718181386&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=127212610037&set=t.718181386&type=3&theater
ski holidays
redrunmarcus,
Yep that would be perfect – I need a really shiny head if possible.

I was going to use a helmet picture, but I think a gleaming bald patch would be MUCH better Toofy Grin .

I was going to write a small paper on goggle lenses but it has turned into a monster (no worries though it will get slashed by the editors).

Anyway, on to goggles straps now (so need something smooth Very Happy to make a point) and what makes em stretchy and why they don’t fall off too often and blah blah blah. Of course (being me….) this links in very well with why the universe will end one day and why my G&T goes warm.
ski holidays
Wayne, use away no problem
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy