Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel self catering

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Each year i organise a ski trip for quite a large group , last year it was 14 families in Vallandry , the year before 9 families in Les Coches etc etc .
This year the group has decided they want to go to Meribel and the main resort of Meribel itself . After extensive searches of the usual agencies it appears that getting self catering appartments in meribel that are of a decent standard is nigh on impossible , especially as I require accomodation for Feb Half term.The smaller locally run appartment agencies do not seem that interested and the only place I can think of is Les fermes de Meribel up at Meribel village , but it is not the best location and some reports on trip advisor seem to suggest very small appartments and not the highest standard .
Does anyone have any ideas , i probably need 9 x 2 bed appartments , are there any chalet hotels in Meribel for instance .
All ideas welcome
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gwatts10, I guess it all comes down to what you consider "a decent standard". There are plenty of apartments in Meribel, I know of large groups that have used the Maeva ones in the centre.

Whenever I have been to Meribel or Mottaret I have just booked through the Tourist Office website, the pictures and descriptions have always been accurate.

I have been inside one in Meribel Village when friends were staying there, it seemed quite a high standard to me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MGM in Meribel Village would be ideal....

alternatively Pierre and Vacance in Mottaret would accomodate those numbers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MGM is now known as P+V Les Fermes de Meribel , so that is my only option , the tourist office can't help with such a large group
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gwatts10, have you tried posting a request on Chaletsdirect.com? One of the local operators monitoring there may be able to suggest something to you.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gwatts10, I'd set myself a realistic budget, take 25-30% off it and fire some emails out, you've got a major opportunity there, someone will bite your hand off for that sort of party booking I reckon. Plenty of accom in 3V but Meribel comes at a premim doesnt it? What about La Tania, plenty of appartment blocks there, ditto Les Menuires (if you dont mind the scenery).

A pal of mine goes every year to Val, 14-16 people, top end chalets with UK chalet companies (no names, but you know the ones), waits until 1-2 weeks before, does exactly the above and gets 40-50% off brochure price, happy days..............not for me, I like to know well in advance but it works leveraging a bit of volume.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plenty of self catering in Mottaret as skimottaret points out (somewhat obviously)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy