Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fork Tree Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone used them, or know much about them. Got an idea burning in my head which needs built
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've heard nothing but good things.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
graeme, I met Tom Pinches eighteen months ago when I started supplying Fork Trees with Quiver Killer inserts & had the opportunity to look over his range of skis, all of which exhibited excellent build quality. Tom's new shop in C1650 (The Boot Lab) had a great first season. Tom hand builds his skis to order in the UK over the summer before heading of to the 3V for the winter so I'd get an order in asap. Wouldn't have thought he's ever made anything under 160cm wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, let's see if this is a first then Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pretty forking dodgy name that wink . Any clicky-clicky linky-linky? I'll always have a look
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
barry, http://www.forktreeskis.com or via http://www.thebootlab.co.uk/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like an Irish company really keen on two ski quivers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like a more sound version of the 333s of a few years ago... Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoat of the dead wrote:
Sounds like a more sound version of the 333s of a few years ago... Wink

Totally wrong to compare Fork Tree to 333, even with a winky.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, They look really nice - but it's the same kind of individual bespoke operation isn't it... just hugely better and not from some weird bloke in the parking lot at a ski hill near you...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoat of the dead, when you say it like that then yes. However they are a million miles apart. FT's are made by an individual using the components & processes as per a large manufacturer. 333's were not & were basically junk.

Bit like comparing a GP to a faith healer wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How much do a pair of fork tree skis cost?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly wrote:
How much do a pair of fork tree skis cost?

According to Tom's website they start at £475. His carbon lay up's will compete with the likes of PM Gear & DPS etc.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks very good and very professional.

Any on snow thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mike Pow wrote:
Looks very good and very professional. Any on snow thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I've only seen them but not skied them but they look great. Production is about 50 pairs per summer so there's only a few hundered pairs out there max. Tom is a pro level freerider/freeheeler & IIRC studied manufacturing/engineering etc. He even built his own hydraulic press! The trick when ordering is to accurately state your requirements, ability & skis you like/dislike etc & he'll do the rest. Oh, & he looks like Jesus so you're in safe hands!

Just for the record I've no commercial interest in Fork Tree other than supplying them & his shop with Quiver Killer inserts.
snow conditions
Thanks for that.
ski holidays
These look crazy nice!
Some day..
latest report
Spoke to fork tree today, and now have a quote. Hopefully this project will happen
ski holidays
graeme, what ya gettin'?
snow conditions
spyderjon, 150 long. 15.5/13/15.5. Full rocker. Carbon beams/top sheet. That's provisional spec
snow report
graeme, what 'spec' did you give them, ie skier type, snow type, what skiing you like to do, in what conditions etc etc etc???
snow report
kitenski wrote:
graeme, what 'spec' did you give them, ie skier type, snow type, what skiing you like to do, in what conditions etc etc etc???

Blader
snow conditions
graeme, so, these?

snow conditions
Yeah I basically said I was a snowlerblader and wanted to be more gnarly .
latest report
A bigger rockered version of these
snow conditions
PLEASE get him to make the tips in the shape of human toes a la

ski holidays
Arno, I would love love LOVE a pair of Big Foots in 190...
latest report
*thinks*.............. a Fork Tree Monoski??!! OMG YEASSSSSSSSSSSS! snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
graeme, what's the effective edge going to be?

Just think, next time you go just a little bit longer for improved performance they'll almost be skis!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy