Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - new lift

Poster: A snowHead
Great Pics (thank you RG and Blandy). Now I have 2 questions:
1. Does the new 8-pack (great term) end higher than the original 4-seater?
2. Is that another new lift out of Aime up to Plagne Centre?
3. Whoops! Sorry, I have 3 questions:
3. How are the repairs to the burnt gondola going?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1- The new lift arrives exactly at the same place (just 15 meters on the right)
2- I don't understand your question Puzzled
3- They are in advance compared to the time envisaged Smile All will be ok for december Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RG, scroll down your link to Travaux | TSD6 Bouclets. I think it is announcing a new lift out Aime La Plagne up to Plagne Centre for winter 2006/7 replacing Bouclets I and III. Yes?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim, I think the map is facing north and makes it look like it is going up hill from Aime2000 wheras Aime2000 is the destination. The origin is a very quite spot down the bottom of the little valley that you drop into when skiing to Montalbert, insteadof catchingthe lift up to Montalbert head right down the valley. Bouclets was probabnly the worst drag I have ever been on.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, the Bouclets drag - now I know what you're talking about. A drag to separate the Men from the Boys. And not a drag to fall off. It goes up through a thick forest and goes on for ages. I will quite miss it. I must remember to give it a few rides this January.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is that the one that pulls up out of the tufted owl habitat? A lovely quiet red + black run down and a lonely liftie who's always glad to see someone? A great piste/lift, will be sorely missed Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't understand all you say...an I'm sorry for my english...Yes, a new lift replacing Bouclets skilifts, between La Roche (a village near the bobsleigh slope) and Aime la Plagne. You can see that on map I drew...So as the Bouclets skilifts, Aime la Plagne is the destination Smile
It's the hardest (and longest) skilift of la Plagne...

Alan Craggs, Exact, but Charmettes skilift will not be remove

> http://romain.guigon.free.fr/loctkbouclets.htm

Hope you understand me Wink

RG
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RG, don't apologise. Your grasp of the English language is better than some of our UK based snowHeads. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Romain: compared to my French, your English is brilliant. And - yes - I do understand.
Thanks for all your information.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

A drag to separate the Men from the Boys
And often seperate the men from the manhood. It is the only lift I can recall that every 50 metres has signs telling you which way to go to reach safety when you fall off. This was making the presumption that you survived the Saturn 5 style launch
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ah yes, Frosty, I'd forgotten about the lift-off. Never again will we be boasting about the Big Air we made on a poma.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah yes, Frosty, I'd forgotten about the lift-off. Never again will we be boasting about the Big Air we made on a poma.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New photos Smile Smile
http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Actualites.htm#01_11
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
First time I went up that drag (back in 1994 when I was young(?) and naive) I thought wow look at all those cool boarders coming down the lift line, it was only on the second go that I realised they had all fallen off and didn't have much more of an option. Certainly one of the worst pomas ever .. steep .. no where to go if you get off .. generally c**p snow at the bottom (in my limited experience and the vertical take off start ... Good riddance I say.
latest report

Mr. Green
latest report
nice one RG, Laughing
Quote:

Good riddance I say.

stevew, couldnt agree more
snow report
Shiny new lifts and everything! I cant wait! 5 weeks til La Plagne! !

Sorry for crashing your serious thread with mindless twaddle, hmmm back to the serious business of lifts!!
latest report
Nadenoodlee, Laughing Very Happy snowHead . 5 weeks .........bring it on.
snow report
RG, What puzzles me is why put such a big lift there. Are they planning some new building at the start of the lift ?
snow report
Just re-visiting. Was it the Charmettes or the Bouclets that has the really steep start section, maybe got a bit mixed up?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Wink
I like this photo Smile
They want doing of this place an access for day skiing and for people with a car...and why not doing la Roche the 12th resort...

stevew, not understand, sorry
latest report
I loved Bouclets! Never fell off it once.

There is nothing funnier than watching boarders, and sometimes skiers too, repeatedly fall flat on their faces, just because they weren't quick enough at the start!
snow conditions
Spent the weekend in La Plagne, I can confirm the Arpette lift is fully operational and was running from 0800 - 2200 for the 2 days that I was there. Bit of a monstrosity, but runs very quickly. I have sent pictures to Roman, "http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Actualites.htm#01_11" who has kindly posted on his website.
snow report
Exactly here : http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Actualites.htm#23_11
Thank you again Smile

RG Smile
snow conditions
News about Bellecôte Gondola :

http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Actualites.htm#24_11 => Press release with photos
http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Actualites.htm#27_11 => Last news with french TV report

In french...of course... Confused

RG wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy