Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne - new lift

Poster: A snowHead
Check this private site for some excellent photos of the new 8 man chair at Arpette. This is the main link between La Plagne and Montchavin and onwards to Peisey. The old 4 man chair was famous for its long queues. Here is the link: http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Actualites.htm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jamie, Thanks for that Link, (which translates well into English if you go through Google!) Romain does post here from time to time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never been on a 8-pack before. Could be interesting at the unload station!

Why are most ski lifts such ugly installations? Given the effort that many resorts now go to to improve their appearance (eg wood cladding of concrete buildings) I'm surprised that more isn't done to construct chalet-like building around ski lift stations.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk,
I've ridden the Flaine 8 pack. Being detachable its very easy getting on and off, and held level for arrival and departure by the mechanism. Almost never 8 people on a chair however big the queue - being France!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wonder what they did with the old 4 man Arpette chair as it was a high speed 4 man detachable. I can think of a lot of places that would have benefited from it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jamie yep - I helped enlarge those queues last season.... it did seem the ideal place to install a higher capacity & speed chair - during my holiday I was mercilessly teased by the news that one would be installed "next season". Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, I don't think the old one was a detachable. Neither was it particularly high speed. That's why it was such a bottleneck. But it can't have been all that old and you're right parts of it could be reused somewhere - probably in an up and coming but broke Eastern Blok resort. Laughing
rob@rar.org.uk, the run out area of the old Arpette was onto a virtually flat and quite large area so I'd guess the new one also has plenty of space for people to sort themselves out. It doesn't just feed towards Montchavin and the Vanoise Express. From Arpette you can also go back down to Belle Plagne / Bellecote on a couple of long blues or down into another valley behind Roche de Mio (can't remember the name of that area). It's an important part of LP and the new 8 packer will make a huge difference.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Martin Nicholas wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk,
I've ridden the Flaine 8 pack. Being detachable its very easy getting on and off, and held level for arrival and departure by the mechanism. Almost never 8 people on a chair however big the queue - being France!

I was also impressed with this lift - named Grand Vans. It really shifts up the mountain compared to the older lifts but then again it is the main link with the rest of the Grand Massif Domain so I suppose they need something efficient at that point.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kuwait_ian, that would be going down towards Inversen's lift no??
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kuwait_ian, I am sure it was detachable and of a would shift a good number of skiers per hr. I had this thought as I rode it considering what impact the new chair would have.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlatanefc, yes that's it. Frosty the Snowman, well whatever it was it's gone now snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

well whatever it was it's gone now

Laughing Cant argue with that mate
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kuwait_ian, I had a fantastic fall skiing down there in March Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc, I was in La Rosiere in March. Was it on a Wednesday afternoon?. I may have felt it wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Charlatanefc, the first run down from Arpette to the right gets really heavy late season. I've had a few 'moments' on it. Carroley - allegedly a blue but...... it has an ancient 2 seater to bring you back up as well as connecting lower down to another old lift called Crozats that drops you off above BP on a 'roadway' bulldozed into the side of the hill. Not my favourite part of LP.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 1-10-05 10:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, thanks fella, knew I could rely on you for support Wink

kuwait_ian, aye that's the one, we were going to Les Arcs, but the rope drag was shut, we only skiied down there to get the 2 man back up avoiding the drag. I hate them old 2 man lifts, remember getting stuck on Vega at the highest point a year last xmas in -34C Skullie
ski holidays
One of our host told us that on a nice day someone had atually fallen asleep on the Vega chair. That must be the slowest, longest ride in the whole of skidom
ski holidays
Hello to all Smile
Thanks to do publicity to my webstite Wink

Arpette 4 man Chaitlift was a detachable (2900 p/h ) built in 1986, but :

(Arpette is at left)
latest report
Post-Scriptum

I like the 2 man chairlift of la Plagne Wink

http://romain.guigon.free.fr/loctsbauches.htm
http://romain.guigon.free.fr/loctscarroley.htm
http://romain.guigon.free.fr/loctschaletdebellecote.htm
http://romain.guigon.free.fr/loctsplanbois.htm
http://romain.guigon.free.fr/loctstraversee.htm
http://romain.guigon.free.fr/loctstraversee.htm

Smile
latest report
I think I would get the bus!. That is awful. Queue for Colossus chair looks nearly as bad.
snow conditions
EEEEEkkk so exciting!!! Cant wait!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, I would find somewhere quiet to ski in February.
ski holidays
Faced with those Queue's a nice Vin Chaud in a bar until the queues have gone, is the order of the day Very Happy

and I bet you would still be allowed to have a whole chair to yourself Sad

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 4-10-05 13:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I'd be stopping for a quick beer... lets hope the 8 man lift delivers as we expect it too!
snow conditions
Mouth, Fench school hols would find me pottering about Montalbert and Champagny and avoiding Bellcote like the plague.
ski holidays
I think we will not see Bellecote anymore like that in the future Smile
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, and when you potter about Montalbert I definitely owe you a "serieux".. several in fact Little Angel
ski holidays
RG, I certainly hope not. There are even long queues for the 2 parallel long drag lifts in the centre of your photo. Never seen that before. They're often virtually empty.
Thanks for the links to the other 2 man chairs - they often service some pretty good runs. Snow permitting.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Drag Lift of Col de Forcle have been cut and they start now from Belle Plagne...this photo is now really "old-fashioned" Smile Smile
snow report
I was at LP Bellecote last week and took some pictures of the new lift at the base. I will send if anyone interested on update.
snow report
Blandy, I'm interested. I send you a private message Smile
latest report
RG, Can you post on your site?
snow conditions
Blandy, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

If you like you can put the pictures on snowMedia...I know there are many La Plagne fans around here...
snow report
Blandy photo's will be on my webste this evening Smile
snow conditions
RG, Great thanks!
latest report
Many thanks for the welcome, just purchased an apartment in Bellecote and spent the weekend renovating, woken up at 0730 every morning by workman finishing off the Arpette ski lift...looking very impressive. They also seem to be doing a lot of work around the swimming pool area and carpark but was so busy I did not get chance to wonder down.
snow report
Blandy's photos online !
> http://romain.guigon.free.fr/Actualites.htm#28_10

Thank you ! Smile

RG
snow conditions
Scroll down these pic and you get some of the bellcote gondola fire and the cars on the ground ... lots of damage wow!
snow report
Yep.. Sad
snow report
Off to La Plagne in January. We were there last March and I remember the Arpette was a bit of a bottleneck. Look forward to sitting in an 8 pack as I've never done that before.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy