Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Contour HD Mountings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Why are they so ridiculously expensive? I'm looking for a way to inexpensively mount it on my chest, anyone come up with anything?

I did find this rather interesting mounting though Shocked

http://contour.com/products/picatinny-mount
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B, Why would you want it mounted on your chest?!

I attach mine to side of helmet, works fine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Markymark29 wrote:
Colin B, Why would you want it mounted on your chest?!

I attach mine to side of helmet, works fine.
Agreed, much better place to locate it IMO (assuming this is for skiing). I use either the low profile mount or the goggle strap mount (low profile is better).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I do for skiing, this is for biking. It gives a more interesting perspective. Might try attaching it to my shoulder on rucksack strap.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've gone for a contour pole mount, I am hoping it will mount onto my bike, maybe on the seat stay??? Not actually tried it yet though!! Evans cycles were doing discounts on accessories with a code.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, I have mine mounted again on low profile helmet mount for biking, works well.

kitenski, Seat stay idea good ne but wouldn't you get your hands/ bars in all the footage, unless you had it looking backwards I guess?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29, Yes but could also move it onto handlebars I reckon.....some footage with bars and suspension working should work well I reckon....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spooky. Over on STW, someone was asking same question but for Drift camera.

In general, for biking, chest mount is much better (imho), but I think needs to be strapped down pretty tightly. Far less vibrations than bar mount.
As above^^ though, good mix of mounting locations makes for a more interesting vid.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some quite good ideas on here, think I'll experiment with what I have (goggle + flat surface mounts) first.

http://www.nsmb.com/3193-vholdr-contour-hd-mounting-options
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could mount an AR15 to your bike and then mount the camera to the picatinney rail.

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hang11, excellent solution. Do you find people get out of your way when you MTB?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, Have tried goggle mounts in the past and with little success, lots of vibration/ shake.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy