Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Jobs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, just a quick message I am looking for a job next season and have interviews for repping with some of the bigger companies, Inghams Crystal and MW, also got some with smaller companies for ski host/driver positions. Does any know what jobs are better, small companies seem like more little jobs but maybe get to know clients better, big companies at least you are secured in the fact customers are booked. Any advice would be great cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on how much experience you have, smaller businesses need people who are more capable larger ones can treat you like cannon fodder. My last season I worked 65-70hrs as a chalet host and skied most days, are you up for that or do you want to party, think about what you want out of a winter season.......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
natives.co.uk

I'd pick a smaller operator myself due to the cannon fodder point but I would also do my due dilligence: google Les Menuires 7 and Take Me to Ski for some background education.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi David1984,

Everyone's season is different and whatever you choose I am sure that you will have a good time.

Repping and ski host/driver jobs are very different so if I was you, I would pick which job would suit me best.

The reps job is effectively customer service and problem solving. You'll see guessts arriving and leaving usually on an airport transfer, deal with problems and issues as they arise (complaints, injuries etc) and probably be involved in running apres-ski events. Depending on the company, you will also likely have paperwork to do. You will work mornings and evenings and have the daytime off to ski.

The ski host job involves skiing with clients so, although you will spend more time on the hill, you will have considerably less free-ski time. You will have more set work hours though, not be on call as much and probably have some evenings off. You also see a more positive side of the clients, often getting to know them well and you'll find that you regularly have lunch bought for you and earn tips. It is less stressful and more friendly. What you do with the driver job depends on the company, but as well as the driving they specify you will also clean the van inside and out and probably be expected to do some chalet maintinance.

The thing that makes the most difference on a season is what is happening in your resort, rather than in the company as a whole so ask where you will be based, how many other staff, where you live etc etc. In general, big companies have more properties and are better set up with a much more organised structures and proceedures. Smaller companies take more care of you and often pay better, but expect more from you too.

I'm sure that whatever you choose you will have a great season - enjoy!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clothing, ^^ spam.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
joe1890, I have sent it where it belongs Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi David,

I agree with all of the above, larger companies can treat you like cannon fodder.

I know Inghams pay pretty well however you do require experience BUT AS A REP YOU CAN EARN SOME REALLY GREAT CASH.

As a snow guide/driver you get to hang out with guests and ski or board. In my opinion smaller companies can be better but it all depends on what you want and the kind of people you want to work with.

You can always take a look at the higher end chalets as well like consensio, purple ski are quite good and Zenith holidays.

You may find this a good read ..... http://www.snowjobz.co.uk/day-in-the-life-of-a-resort-rep.html

For any role though I would apply as early as possible once you have decided .... with smaller companies the owner is always around to have a chat I hope this all helps if you need any further advice feel free to get in touch.

I think the real questions you may want to ask yourself is where would I love to spend a season, and besides skiing or boarding what else do I want to get out of it...

Good Luck
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I worked in Whistler for the mountain and IntraWest didn't treat their staff too well, alot of cannon fodder in this case because you are so replaceable. They do look after you in terms of housing and a lift pass, but as mentioned they expect alot from you.

When you work for the smaller companies it comes with being treated better, but less support in terms of discounts on the mountain and having to buy your own pass, but you get better. There was also alot more social opportunities working for the mountain as staff housing etc you meeting alot of people quickly.

As mentioned above, pros and cons to both approachs but you'll still have a great time!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy