Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI L1 Hemel 13 -17 August - Passed and Progress

Poster: A snowHead
My daughter, Natalie, 16, is booked on this. I think there are now 2 courses running there that week. Any others, particularly of a similar age, there that week?

For my sins I shall be running her back and forth from Peterborough!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 16-01-13 14:08; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B, It's great being a parent isn't it Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Iski, Great, but expensive Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Colin B, Be forewarned, this continues into being a grandparent Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Iski, I know and from what my mum tells me being a great grand parent doesn't come cheap either!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, Good luck to Natalie, by the way, although I'm sure she won't need it! Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My eldest son will also do this course at Hemel. He's the same age.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm tempted to do my BASI 1. I've got a few more things which I hope will come good this year, but if they don't, then the BASI 1 will be my fallback
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gillian, I'll let my daughter know, she's looking forward to it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
HH have a deal with a hotel in town for BASI.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bl**dy hot work waxing skis in this weather ready for this. Doing it in flip flops is also not recommended, hot wax is as it says on the tin.

Getting ready for a week of commuting to Hemel, although we are stopping over 3 nights. There are 2 courses running next week, anyone else there?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, yes, Monday morning for an Inside Out session with skimottaret. Seven months since I lasted clipped into my skis. Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pedantica, I shall be there from about 9 to 10.15 then back again about 5, it would be good to see you. I won't be skiing on Monday (or all week actually).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B, I'm aiming to get there at about 9.30 for a 10 o'clock start, will keep an eye out for you. I tend to leave around 5.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pedantica, See you Monday Very Happy
snow conditions
We'll be there for running an indoor race camp on Mon, Tues and Weds.
snow report
Sounds like it will be pretty busy.
snow report
Philbo, you taking a lane on monday?
latest report
Sad
ski holidays
I'll me in Thursday all afternoon and all day friday Happy
snow conditions
We'll have a lane for all three days but only in the afternoons
snow report
Philbo, hopefully catch up with you on Wednesday evening. Should be signing up for Landgraaf this week as well.
snow conditions
c0Ka|Ne, I won't be about Weds evening. Using other coaches on Weds as I have to head back down to Devon on Tuesday evening.
snow conditions
busy day at the centre today 5 BASI groups of 10 each , Philbo, with a dozen or so racers, a bunch of rec skiers and the lift broke down for a while but the day went really smoothly... well done snow centre team...

Good luck to all on the L1 courses !
latest report
Thanks skimottaret, my daughter is shattered after her first day. They've also changed the start time to 9 Shocked It was good to see Pedantica, there today.
snow report
Good to see you too Colin.

I'm a bit shattered too, but in a good way. wink
ski holidays
Colin B, make sure she drinks plenty of water...
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
busy day at the centre today 5 BASI groups of 10 each , Philbo, with a dozen or so racers, a bunch of rec skiers and the lift broke down for a while but the day went really smoothly... well done snow centre team...

Good luck to all on the L1 courses !

Maybe I won't come in thursday PM !!!

Who is taking the groups?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scooby_simon, it all was fine as everyone kept out of each others way... Dave doing the adaptive, stewart, Ali and Alex on the alpine dont know the snowboard guy. Very strong groups from what I saw, lots of good young racers from Hemel and elsewhere..
snow report
Quote:

it all was fine as everyone kept out of each others way

That's absolutely true, it really was fine. Even the catering arrangements didn't buckle under the pressure of numbers. I don't know what everyone else thought about us snowploughing very slowly crab-wise from side to side of the slope, though. wink
ski holidays
skimottaret, Pedantica,

'twas tongue in cheek; teaching tomorrow PM and Friday!
snow report
Well Natalie passed Very Happy But it was far tougher than we were expecting and she had to work really hard on some posture issues which are completely contrary to her norm based on 14 years of ballet training. After lots of tears in the middle of the week she got it all together in the last couple of days. She's knackered, me too (and significantly poorer)!
latest report
Colin B, Great news, I bet you're proud. Very Happy
snow report
Colin B, nice one !! now 35 hours of picking up kids on the lesson slope and a shiny badge awaits Smile
snow report
Colin B, Cool
snow conditions
Well done Natalie.

Most important; Was she part of the winning Syncro team(if she was in Stu' or Alex's groups)? Good job I had no idea who-was-who as I might have been biased!
ski holidays
scooby_simon, Thanks, not sure, she was in Stuart's team. She enjoyed it though, I wasn't there at the time.
snow report
Colin B, Brilliant news! snowHead
snow report
Colin B wrote:
scooby_simon, Thanks, not sure, she was in Stuart's team. She enjoyed it though, I wasn't there at the time.

In fact I didn't see her ski at all the whole week. I chose Hemel over MK (which is closer) as I could work from Leavesden which isn't too far away. After dropping her off in the morning I returned about 4 most days. By then though they were in lectures until about 5.30. Daren't add up the bills for the week, close to 4 figures I think Shocked
ski holidays
Colin B wrote:
Colin B wrote:

In fact I didn't see her ski at all the whole week. I chose Hemel over MK (which is closer) as I could work from Leavesden which isn't too far away. After dropping her off in the morning I returned about 4 most days. By then though they were in lectures until about 5.30. Daren't add up the bills for the week, close to 4 figures I think Shocked

Wait till L2 comes along.........And then L3 and.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy