Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Success story Video

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, thanks for all your comments on our draft "success story" video series... The thread was deleted by the moderators as it was deemed too commercial, I think i captured most of your helpful comments, but as the thread got pulled without warning I wasnt able to recall all of them.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret well that totally sucks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To supplement the above, my personal opinion is that it wasn't commercial at all, and no different from the numerous posts on here asking for advice on business-related questions. Yes, I have had lessons from I/O, and no, I am not biased: indeed skimottaret and rob@rar will confirm that I have criticised them when I've felt they've been spammy. The removal of the thread was, in my objective view, unnecessary and uncalled-for. Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That does seem crazy. The thread will still exist though in the back streets of snowHeads - can it not just be moved to the Apres Zone if it is deemed to be too offensive for public viewing??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wasnt too bothered about this as it has happened before but thinking about it I am a little annoyed now...

It wasnt as though i was selling mobile phones or something spammy. Instead of deleting a thread, THEN sending a PM saying it is gone cant the moderators lock a thread and say it will be deleted within X time? It is a bit rude to do that after the fact especially after people on the forum had gone to the trouble of looking and commenting. I was out last night and looked at the thread on my phone but didnt register all the comments, when i went to do some proper work on the computer today it had been deleted.

Seems a bit of a grey area but how is asking for advice on creating videos/ reviewing a draft video any different than asking for help reviewing a commercial website or a business concept? I would be more than happy after such threads have run their course to delete them so as not to be seen as being "commercial" but have always gotten great advice on new ideas such as brochures, web sites, video and new product ideas and now that is seen to be "a commercial posting"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well that's pants! If anything the post highlighted the benefits of regular UK coaching, it shows what can be achieved in a short space of time if people continue lessons year round, which = more people skiing "in" the UK, which = more people talking about it on snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can see both sides. Quite a tough one to call really.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc, yes, as skimottaret says, it's a bit of a grey area (actually, it didn't look very grey to me, but never mind) but what is not acceptable is to pull without warning, so that the advice has been lost.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
How many sessions did the student have before venturing to the mountains please?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd like to see the thread re-instated, I'd given quite some thought and time to what I posted on it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy