Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One Piece Ski Suits

Poster: A snowHead
I have all the gear and no idea. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
After seeing what’s supposed to be the latest gear in DM ski & snowboard I'm sticking with my old stuff including the one piece.
I may even post a photo when I get back
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well done fellow snowheads for destroying this ridiculous perennial craze for knocking one-piece ski suits. And particular congratulations to Grimsby Ranger and Garfield for decrying fashion.
Now can we start a campagn to put some Fun back into ski outfits?
Ski clothes have become so dull and boring recently (I blame the boarders) with depressing gray and brown dominating the scene. Ski kit used to be colourful and lively.
Skiing is fun. Dressing up is fun. Dressing up in bright, dayglo, flourescent, multicoloured outfits is lots of fun. There is also the advantage of being easily spotted by your friends (and also possibly by mountain rescue if it ever came to that - unlike these two).
For keeping the cold out a one-piece is probably better that a two-piece – a one piece (despite JT’s protestations) is definitely better at keeping the snow out when you fall over (a regular occurrence for me).
So lets bring back fun clothes for skiing (and boarding, come to that) and no more of this stuffy attitude to bright one-piece outfits.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim,

Yes yes, BUT please just look at Dr Holt's (and other's) research
on the subject here and then re-read your post!
There are people out who should not bbe allowed to go out in a one piece let alone Ski
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, Thing is some of us actually know that the only p**t in that series of pictures is the giggling Brit in standard grey/blue army-issue grunge doing what they do best --- hanging around caffs and bars ... I'm with Jonpim.

Sig: A founder member of the snowHead O-PSCGB(2005) Ltd. (in their ability to ski)... heck if it's good enough for ski racers it's good enough for me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eEvans,
Quote:

Brit in standard grey/blue army-issue grunge

Good point, well made! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, I am a good boy. I have done as you requested. I have looked around Flourescentrompersuits. I have reread my post. Was something meant to happen? I remain of the same opinion.

I was interested by the forum. Some have suggested the SCGB forum is moribund. Not at all. But if you want to see a really moribund forum then this one will suffice. One post since March. And that’s an advert!
23 users since July 2002 have posted a total of 45 articles.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After reading Jonpim post Im a bit embarrassed as my one-piece is just plain red
I think I may need to brighten it up a bit Puzzled
Is it because Im unfashionable and so offend their sense of taste that some people are reluctant to speak on a lift? I had just thought I was using the wrong soap Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One pieces were probably ok in their day , but is'nt it time to accept change and move on , arn't the eighties best kept as memories?
I blame the Italians Shocked

Sits back a sips hot choc wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One piece ski suits definitely had to be designed by men - can you imagine what a faff it must be for women to get practically undressed just to go to the loo? Skullie It's bad enough at the mo with trousers & jacket Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
of course traditionally there has been a great correlation between monoskiers and one-piece suit wearers - something that I felt did no favours to either

Personally I reckon only people who ski VERY well or are stunningly good looking should pull on flourescents. If you are going to wander around screaming "LOOK AT ME" you should have a good reason.

disclosure: my jacket - black, pants - black, boots - black, gloves - black, I brighten that lot up with a riotous slightly off-white helmet...

J
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jedster, I'm not sure. I think it was maybe just an unhappy synchronicity of fashion victims.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Times today has a supplement on skiing: Ski2006. It is actually quite good reading.
Much of it is available on Times Online.
One article in particular got my attention: Check out the chav look.
All those here who think that one-piece suits are ancient fashion to ridicule may have to rethink.
Read the article
I have been unable to find the Burton “head-to-toe hound’s-tooth check” outfit, but I have found one of the Paul Smith creations . This Cocktail Snowboard Jacket is even better.
The Pants section mentions the Oakley Puffy 3.5: can’t find the pants, but here is the jacket. Pretty boring really – much better is the Oakley Medic One-Piece (I prefer the red version).
As for girlie outfits, the article mentions the Quicksilver’s Roxy Ivana all-in-one snowsuit. Wicked.
Soon I expect to see websites full of pictures of skiers being ridiculed for wearing boring beige and grey jacket and trousers rather than fashionable all-in-one tartan.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If any one thinks that will catch on and last beyond a season is raving...!!
Dress like a Chav..? Yep, that'll work...!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim, Shocked (Mutters)....must be getting old......
snow conditions
Tried to sell mine at the decathlon 2nd hand sale, but i have had to collect it today as no one wanted it Sad . Just having a clear out i havent worn it for years. I did however sell my boots , which i am pleased about as i have some new ones the shop gave me vouchers to spend , im well happy , it was better than putting them on ebay.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy