Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Journey to Roth, Germany

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm after advice re the motorways down to Roth. I'm competing in Challenge Roth Ironman event ( 8th July ) and want to drive down on the Friday before to stay with friends in Allersberg just outside Roth. Viamichelin shows the A3 to be the shortest quickest drive but are there any roadworks etc to avoid or should I go a different way. I will probably leave Thursday evening and drive a bit before staying overnight ( any recommendations??) so I can get to Allersberg in the afternoon so my daughter can do the sprint event Friday evening..

Many thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I take it you mean Roth in Bavaria seeing as you are talking about travelling to friends in Allersberg? There are in fact four or five places called Roth in Germany, bit like Newport in the UK in terms of the frequency of the name.

There are a few sections of roadworks on the A3 between Frankfurt and Würzburg as well as Würzburg and the interchange at Nuremberg. Some of these are part of the widening scheme that has been a long term situation, moving out from Frankfurt and on into Bavaria at Aschaffenburg. Currently they are also trying to tighten up the safety around a lot of road bridges where the traffic is particularly heavy such as on the motorways. This narrows the lanes and can cause congestion at certain times of the day. They are doing these outside of the school holidays for Bavaria and clearing the roads again for the actual holiday weekends. Bavaria is currently on 2 weeks school holiday and all but the really long term roadworks have been cleared to allow for better traffic flow. They will bring them back as soon as the holidays are over on the 11th June and they will continue until the end of July when the Bavarian schools are on holiday again (start the weekend of 27th/29th July).

Nearer the time I can take a look for you and see if there are any regular bottlenecks along your route if you want. To be honest, timing is your main worry, hit one of these sections in the rush hour and it could take ages. On the 2-lane section around Markt Heidenfeld there are fairly regular problems due to HGVs crashing. I have no idea why they do around that area but it is a known accident black spot, with at least 1 or 2 major hold ups there per week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Samerberg Sue - I knew you you would come up trumps.... Sorry for the Roth confusion
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy