Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

freestyle board guidance needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So back when I started boarding boarding 3 years ago, I got a Technine MFM Classic 157 cheap enough in the 2seasons sale, and its served me great for a few holidays.

I am not a kit junkie and I am actually quite fond of my board, and want to keep it original, but having recently started going to the Tamworth Freestyle nights I think I may need a board I can de-tune guilt free.

Questions:
Do you actually need a de-tuned board for freestyle? My experience on the butter box suggests so!
How to de-tune?
A friend was talking about the importance of rocker as opposed to camber, should a FS board have rocker?
Any second hand recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sorry I'm not really able to answer any of your questions, but what night do you go to Tamworth? thinking of going over the summer to either Wednesday or Thursday night sessions (or both)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
do you need a detuned board? you don't NEED one, My first skis(applies the same) I just let them detune themselves over time, and didn't catch an edge once weirdly.
how do you detune? use a gumi stone, don't file them down, you'll get one at a ski shop.
A rockered board will be less good at actual snowboarding, as opposed to a cambered board, which will hold an edge better, but rockers are generally pretty good for freestyling, be it buttering, just giving that extra bit of safety when your jumping onto a rail/jib or skiing powder, I personally like rocker, but it'll be different depending on the board, If you go to ellis brigham they'll let you demo snowboards for free so try out a bunch and find out what sort you like before you buy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want to detune but still have a rideable board then dull the edges between the bindings and outside the bindings to the tips. Keep the edges nice and sharp inline with where your feet are.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I dont know if this is too late, but I have been through a similar story recently.

I found that the jump from all mountain to freestyle was quite a difference. As the guy said above, definitely go to Ellis Brigham and demo a few, and try jibbing / jumping t get a feel for how easy it is to do both on a freestyle board, BUT also make sure you do a couple of bursts down the whole slope to try and get a feel for how it owuld ride on a mountain.

My recommendation would be Rome Garage. If you can afford it, Bataleon Evil Twins are brilliant freestyle boards that have Triple Base Tech, which basically means you can't fall over on them. I didn't buy it because it actually felt like the board was saving me when it shouldn't - but defintiely demo it because its nice to not have to think baout what your doing and it just works lol!

If they have an Apo Selekta, try that because its the jibby-ist board on the planet, but wouldn't advise you to buy it because it has a mental mind of its own, so much fun nonetheless!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's definitely possible to fall over on a Bataleon Evil Twin. They also won't stop you crashing in to fences, or face planting if you're not paying attention Laughing and I speak from experience.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
haha, well Ok it doesn't give an invincibility shield around you, but its pretty damn clever though? Found myself thinknig 'I should have fallen then'...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
danoberia, I find myself thinking "this is why I ski" every time I step on a snowboard Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thats why you fell over on an Evil Twin Alans deep bath, wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I can give some freestyle beard guidance. If you want some guidance on invincibility, Captain Scarlet is my brother.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy