Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, whats every one doing when theres no snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Currently working 7 days a week as a PT.. To spend the extended student summer meandering drunkenly through South East Asia.
And MTBing when time allows!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
diving scapa next month then trying to tame a hurricane 5.9 in the north sea, failed miserably so far Embarassed
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WASHOUT wrote:
diving scapa next month then trying to tame a hurricane 5.9 in the north sea, failed miserably so far Embarassed

I was scared for a second there reading that Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Loads of stuff - pushing the knee / ACL etc

Windsurfing when it's windy ( see vid below )

Cycling when it's not, have already done a 100 miler http://app.strava.com/rides/8362125 and a fair amount of vertical - planning to go out to Serre / La Grave (not too sure where to stay just yet) beginning of July when they shut come of the classic Cols, plus also in contact with Davidof about linking up with him, though understandably he's a tad nervous about my recent Karma when in the Mountains.

Any of you cycling dudes on Strava ?

Been doing Bikram three times a week, though this past week have not been, just too damn hot!

Oh and the Mrs is dragging me off to Dakhla (Western Saraha) for 10 days kitesurfing week after next.

Thinks that's about it - oh did a Downs run last weekend, plus as ever walking the dogs along the beach every day Smile

Sunday May 13th - Another nice afternoon on the water - NWF Event Competition with www.techtrial.co.uk from Weathercam
http://vimeo.com/42088376
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Working as hard as I can down the gym to get even fitter for next season - just started spinning and boxercise as well (once each a week + two gym sessions).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

technically, yes, but it needs more work before I'd switch to it properly from elsewhere. has too many niggly "features" for my liking.

PS looks like that was a nice ride.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Climbing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's lots of us climbers about.. maybe we should do a summer Snowdonia camp and climb weekend Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and knitting, I forgot the knitting
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am skiing on tarmac Very Happy

http://youtube.com/v/JnjYzLLYwkw
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nosnowski, you might like to try this:

http://youtube.com/v/JQbwMEGgwz0
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kooky, Do you crochet too?
Scarpa, Interesting idea, what do people think?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
robapplegate, no, my lawn isn´t big enough wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Living in North Wales the summer activities are a no brainer for me. Road cycling with the odd bit of racing & sportive riding. Plus some mountain biking also,
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Weathercam, seems like you've got far too much to do! Kitesurfing in the Sahara would be pretty intense!
snow report
Sailing is my main sumer activity, plus the motorsport season is well underway so I often at Knockhill where I scrutineer at most of the car race meetings
latest report
Well my new bike arrived Friday Very Happy Unfortunately I had to go out on it even though I'd strained a muscle in my groin riding a couple of days earlier, made it worse of course Sad At least the weather is crap so I wouldn't have got out on it this weekend anyway.
snow report
Hopefully heading out to Singapore to just Chill NehNeh
snow conditions
Skyski!

http://youtube.com/v/37YEBEMaWlg
ski holidays
Thought that was it for the season, but managed to catch last day of the Winter here: http://www.timberlinelodge.com

Not bad for a couple of turns at the end of May even if I did look a bit strange in jeans... (not the only one, though!)
ski holidays
Surfing, sailing adn MTB-ing.
latest report
There is always snow if you know where to look and are willing to walk to it Wink
snow report
@weathercam from Worthing

Where do you practise Bikram? Are you addicted? I now do a mixture of yoga, hot and not hot but still have a scary Bikram addiction but I wondered if we had been in the same hot room cos I practise in Brighton! Guess you might be at CJ's studio in Costa del Portslade if you live in Worthing? She was responsible for my first class some 7 years ago! And relax....
ski holidays
Spending far too long looking at sale items on ski websites whilst its raining, and out on my Downhill bike when/if it ever becomes dry again!
latest report
I gave up my triathlon habit this season so mostly just bike. Road biking and racing from March to Sept (although training all year round), Cyclocross from end of Sept to Dec, mountain biking Oct to Mar mainly with a smattering over the rest of the year.

I seem to have been seconded into a rounders team this summer to make the number up too, not quite sure how that happened.

On Strava too, although I tend not to be competitive enough to bother going for many KOMs/segments.
ski holidays
Great vids folks! Ive used Strava before but must admit that Endomundo has won me over now. Im shem llewelyn if anyone wants to follow me
latest report
I need to go to that skipark. As a skater boarder that doesnt get to hit snow as often as I want, I need it in mylife! Any one been? Looks as good as wave garden!
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/p9PccGFY6JI

Check this
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Iceski, I heard rumours they were going to build one of those in Bristol........ Cool
ski holidays
Really? Ive been trying to persuade farmer mates over here!
snow report
Iceski, very cool. where is that?
ski holidays
Iceski, if you do, just keep telling them it's gotta produce at least a headhigh wave wink

{seems to be a website for the Bristol idea now http://www.wavegarden.me.uk/ }
ski holidays
Plastic racing on Southern circuit, injuries allowing.
latest report
Onto my summer of downhill biking in Chatel. Arriving on tuesday and thats me until the second week of september. Riding and looking after a chalet. Cant wait, weather in south lanarkshire isnt great right now, and no chairlift to get the DH bike up isnt ideal! Bring on the Alps!

Craig on the helmet cam at our local trails in Chatel...

http://youtube.com/v/W1jTx_L8cgo
latest report
[quote="andy"]
Quote:

technically, yes, but it needs more work before I'd switch to it properly from elsewhere. has too many niggly "features" for my liking.

That's interesting, what do you prefer as an alternative? I've only been on Strava for a couple of months but am very taken with it, although the pressure is always on to push yourself on every ride! I think it's particularly good to be able to set up your own segments and compare your performance at repeat attemps with different techniques; also a good way to be competitive for us saddos who have to do pretty much all our training on our own.

http://app.strava.com/rides/9569248

Off to Nauders, Austria, next week for the "Dreilandergiro" with an ascent of the Stelvio. Can't wait......
snow report
Mountain and road bike, kite surf, Triathlon training and aiming for my first 100 mile bike ride.

(haunting chillfactore and son zone too, but they are like methadone to a junky...ALMOST there, it takes the edge off, but you always want more!)
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/fGilISsurQ8
ski holidays
Just signed up to a few charity events happening at Snow Camps if there are any takers? they would appreciate any support plus looks like great fun! Ride, jump trek and walk ... i am planning the walk ....

http://www.snow-camp.org.uk/events
latest report
if time permits cross the Line and go where the snow is.
ski holidays
Great vids. Certainly seems that most skiers boarders have the same alternative hobbies Smile

Regarding the helmet pole cam, did you make that or buy it? Ive been meaning to make one for a while...along with all the other things I keep meaning to do!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy