Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, whats every one doing when theres no snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Summers here, and for me its the UK, more specifically Wales for play time. So for me, its surfing, kitesurfing-to satisfy carving and edging needs and then mountain biking for getting me down mountains as quickly as possible and creating major smiles Happy

Whats every one doing?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Iceski, ditto, except the kitesurfing.

Surfing the west Coast of Ireland around Lahinch (Co. Clare) - good waves of late, 6' glassy Crab Island the other day, good swell due at the end of the week too from the leftovers of TS Alberto, then more from the tail end of TS Beryl a few days after that too i` reckon (though not on the forecasts yet).......... snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice, we had 2-3 foot and glassy here for one day last week. More would have been nice. A good mate has been over at Mullagmore or the comp recently. Crazy stuff!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cycling (when my new bike arrives)
Sailing
Motorcycling (2 days trackday in August and a few off-road adventures, maybe a rally and maybe the National Rally)
Occasional evenings in the fridge
sorting out the garden as my boy's getting old enough to appreciate the area to play in.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Working up as much money as possible for when I next go skiing (need catskiing funds snowHead).

Probably just gonna get in a bit of cycling and tennis otherwise though, some skydiving would be nice but think I'm gonna save money instead.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Working mostly so I can afford to have a ski holiday and some new boots next season, and motorcycling.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Iceski wrote:
Nice, we had 2-3 foot and glassy here for one day last week. More would have been nice. A good mate has been over at Mullagmore or the comp recently. Crazy stuff!

Some of my mates were in the Mully comp. one got nominated for an XXL award, crazy place indeed. Haven't surfed it (have no intention of doing so) but have surfed Aileens a few times if you know that one (might break off this next swell although tides and swell direction don't look the best for it).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MTBing (PdS this year).
Cycling.
Funding next season's ski trips.
Oh and a bit of pyromania in august.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
working (more than i should be)
boating (but not as much as i would like to be)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
been sailing today. First time in ages. Actually, more motoring than sailing as winds were mainly v light, but lovely to be out on the water. Sat with a lovely picnic, glass of excellent French Sauvignon at lunchtime, watching an oystercatcher pottering on the diminishing mud bank. I'd forgotten how therapeutic it was! Purpose of day was for me to practice some manoevring under power on a bigger boat, as I'm very rusty having only been in charge of our tiny light boat with outboard for the last few years. Two lots of berthing and unberthing and locking out and in without any dramas and without losing 2 year old overboard (last task being much more of a challenge), so now feeling more confident. Off to the Isle of Wight for 8 days on Friday - not missing the snow one bit. wink

Quote:
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
(Ecclesiastes 3.1)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I didnt realise so many snowHead are into sailing!

Perhaps we need a SODS Bash? (Snowheads On De Solent Laughing)

I'll be spending as much time on the water as I can. At least once a week racing myself and also more importantly teaching my daughter in her Mirror. Saturday just gone was ideal, 15 knots and 25C, it was more like the Carribean than the UK Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 28-05-12 18:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roger C, careful, sailing (whilst i have partaken in the past on a fairly major scale) takes a back seat when there is a 5L V8 to play with Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

more like 35 knots Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fair enough CEM, I've nothing against stink pots anyway as two of my largest customers are Sunseeker and Princess Yachts!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roger C, personally anything that floats will do

might just mange a little fishing trip on wednesday....customers have all conveniently booked in around that day so we will be closed!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Most spare time is spent taking my children to their numerous activities. Have been swimming and did a 50 mile cycle ride at the weekend. I enjoy walking when its not as hot as this.
Pam W - We are off to the Isle of Wight for a few days soon as well. Very Happy
snow conditions
Mostly this:

AUCC: Playtime on Deeside (Garbh Allt and Lui, Scotland) from theADVENTURESofCLARKLEBERRYfinn
http://vimeo.com/42256728

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 31-05-12 12:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
clarky999, great video. snowHead snowHead snowHead Now, if I were half a century younger.......
snow conditions
pam w, cheers! Screwed up a little with the transition between the first two songs, but got bored of trying to work out how to trim them down.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 28-05-12 19:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
"ADIDAS" - All Day I Dream About Skiing Shocked snowHead
ski holidays
I'll be trying to improve my flying skills - if I can achieve even a fraction of this I'll be pleased...
2011 Slope Comp. Entry-Jedi in the Welsh mountains. from Cliff Hanger
http://vimeo.com/27022528
snow report
Surfing N Devon and the Severn Bore.
ski holidays
Climbing and hill walking mostly. Am going to walk Laugavegur in under 24 hours, it's about 55km so not that OTT. A bit of Glacier skiing in the next month depending on how it's looking crevasse wise.
snow report
Producing Skis, SUP and changing 5hitty nappies
ski holidays
Running, bikeing, kayaking, surfing, camping, sand castle building and spending time with my little boy ... finished off with trip to Florida in October before it's snow time again. YEY - bring on the summer Laughing
latest report
hibernating
snow report
Mostly mountainbiking. This last weekend was epic; just hope the weather holds up a bit better than the last two years.
ski holidays
Dot. wrote:
....and changing 5hitty nappies

Yeah.. I forgot about that Smile
snow conditions
Sailing. I have a Dart 15 Catamaran which I sail on a little reservoir near here, but looking forward to taking it for a week down to Abersoch. Otherwise a bit of cycling, caving/mine exploration, walking and helping out at some of the local ski clubs with their summer maintenance.

My wife also recently bought an inflatable Kayak which we can fit the dog into so perhaps a bit of paddling in the Lakes too snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Angry Squirrel wrote:
"ADIDAS" - All Day I Dream About Skiing Shocked snowHead

Hilarious.

Walking in S and N Wales.
A couple of days in the Monte Rosa area of Italy in early August.
Watching how the snow shapes up in Argentina and Chile
ski holidays
Until last week I would have been sailing my F16 catamaran this summer; but I've just sold it as I was not really using it!

So; I'll be mainly skiing inside and doing a bit of work; and if I get the time might build a hot-box for my skis!
latest report
Rock climbing and mountain biking mainly, bit of kajaking if I get round to it. There's never enough time to play all the games I want, well not and hold down a job. But then without the job you can't afford to play the games.
snow report
I just got back from an evening motorbiking around North Wales. Left my mate on his R1 well behind on the bends... I love burning off sports bikes Laughing
Other than that... clay shooting, horse riding, mountain biking, rabbit stalking, rock climbing and camping. Gonna get back into my running too. Maybe some hiking too if I get the time.
snow report
Embroidery
snow conditions
Just bought 5 flats in Whitby, so I'll be working my butt off to get at least one sold before next ski season so I can actually go skiing
Also promised myself to learn to kite surf at Redcar
Murdering a few flies on my Street triple
Running around after sprogs, dogs and nags
Try to get my 3 yr old mountain bike on a mountain for the first time
snow report
Aahhh its great to hear that every one is having so much fun, even without snow Happy

Were much the same here, Im not a sailor, but Rupert is huge into it and just got himself a new yacht as well. Personally Im all about kitesurf and Mountain biking...and surf when we get a rare good day on one of the Aberystwyth reefs Happy
Motor biking as well, but Ive just sold the z1000 to buy a drz400 and gie the off road a bit of a go. Do miss the roady though, especially on North Wales roads. What are you riding Scarpa?

If any of you are aroun the Machynlleth area and want to see some local off piste mountain biking, drop me a line, Im always keen to show folks around.
ski holidays
...and No I havnt surfed Ireland ever, shameful I know. My Mate is Glyn Ovens, he came second in the international last year, hell man, but then they all are! Id be bricking it in half the size!
ski holidays
Well I do a fair bit of biking, some off road, but there aren't many hills around here. Tried downhill in the Alps last summer and it frightened the life out of me. Got a better bike on order so I'm intending to try a few forest trails out this summer.
ski holidays
Having the right kit definitely helps, same for any sport really. Oh, and get the right body armour as well Happy
latest report
With all the bike talk, this has to be an event for the future!

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/crud-2-mud-downhill-drops-on-sunday/Content?oid=2303530
latest report
Sailing, http://www.eaora.org.uk/ http://saileast.org/ & http://www.aamcowesweek.co.uk/web/code/php/main_c.php?section=home

Cycling, http://www.letapedutour.com/ET1/fr/homepage.html & http://www.piste2plage.co.uk/

you can all sponsor me for the last event by clicking on the link below!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy