Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lindsey Vonn and balance training

Poster: A snowHead
miranda, I agree, Hannah Teeter is just trying too hard to titilate whereas LV is all natural and sporty apart from the high heeled thing - possibly a send up of herself. Anyway, this thread was purely about preparation for the season ahead and a study of how the world's best goes about her dry land training.

You can see the development of her shoulders and back in this one:

Don't think there's any question about her being taken seriously - a cabinet full of gold medals and crystal globes sorts that. Hannah on the other hand...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
D G Orf wrote:
I just think it odd when sportswomen, actresses and other celebrities do so in the likes of FHM, I'm really not sure what it says about the world.
It says "get 'em off". They should do it while they can, one day we'll pay them to keep 'em on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bode Swiller wrote:
Hannah on the other hand...

only has an Olympic gold and silver plus a World champ bronze & her own worthy charity etc
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, pah.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf wrote:
I'm really not sure what it says about the world.

Wasn't it ever thus? Sex sells and women in the fame game have always got their kit off. The difference these days is the increased spending power of women and openly gay men means you've got sportsmen, actors and male celebrities doing it too - just do a google image search on "cosmopolitan centrefolds"...

The problem these days is the photoshopping and the unrealistic body shapes, impossible facial features and eternal youth that people are aspiring to as a result of it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. Lindsey does look amazing and I will be using her balance techniques as inspiration when I start rehab from a knee injury. I'm sure once I can do a handstand, I will look exactly like her on the piste.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller, perhaps Wayne should use that handstand photo for his piece on the effects of light and shade on the perception of shape.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
miranda wrote:
I've got a ...photo of Nadal in some rather small Armani pants - At least it explains his wedgie issue, I suppose...
Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
altis wrote:
Bode Swiller, perhaps Wayne should use that handstand photo for his piece on the effects of light and shade on the perception of shape.

Yes, and from a photographic point of view they could have got the horizon level.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller wrote:
altis wrote:

Yes, and from a photographic point of view they could have got the horizon level.

Do it yourself it's only a 2 degree ccw rotation required Razz
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf wrote:
Do it yourself it's only a 2 degree ccw rotation required Razz

Do you mean like this ?

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, Hmm think you might have gone a bit too far there, also the shadows on her body now go the wrong way wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf,
ooops Embarassed

I never was any good at photoshop'ing shaddows,
Oh well
wink

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf wrote:
Wayne, Hmm think you might have gone a bit too far there, also the shadows on her body now go the wrong way wink

not if the sun shines out her 4rse Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne wrote:
D G Orf,
ooops Embarassed

I never was any good at photoshop'ing shaddows,
Oh well
wink

Not to worry I once pointed out to a rival in my field that his rendering of a building was lovely and detailed but then asked him what planet the building was on as it obviously wasn't earth, after all we only have one sun and wherever the image was it was judging from the shadows obviously in a binary star system Laughing

Particularly annoying since he was charging far more than myself Mad
ski holidays
Well I walked through Mesnes Park and I didn't see anything like that!
ski holidays
elgrego wrote:

She will be around wigan somewhere, she always is.

I was going through my wigan football pics and I found this?

Think I may have a stalker?

Puzzled
snow report
Wayne, you have too much time on your hands (although I suppose thinking about you doing all this photoshop stuff is preferable to thinking about what else you might be doing with your hands whilst looking at photos of Linsdey Vonn in a bikini).
snow conditions
miranda,
I am VERY practiced at photoshop - have to be in this job as I use it all the time.
The pic above took less than 5 mins.
latest report
This could become a new snowheads meme.
latest report
Wayne wrote:
elgrego wrote:

She will be around wigan somewhere, she always is.

I was going through my wigan football pics and I found this?

Think I may have a stalker?

Puzzled

Now I know you are taking the mickey, they just don't get crowds like that for the football.
She may go on the rugby though Wink
snow conditions
I'm with Megamum; it's great to see athletic female bodies promoted for admiration. Such a healthier model for young girls to look up to and strive to emulate than the silicone laden anorexic skin and bone bean poles. There was a time when I was coaching that we would lose way too many young female racers when they hit about 13-15 years of age, because sports were not perceived as "feminine". Now tell me guys, what's not feminine about the ladies in this thread? So glad those silly ideas of yesteryear are fading, and kudos to these ladies for helping the process along.
snow report
Huba huba
snow report
FastMan wrote:
I'm with Megamum; it's great to see athletic female bodies promoted for admiration. Such a healthier model for young girls to look up to and strive to emulate than the silicone laden anorexic skin and bone bean poles. There was a time when I was coaching that we would lose way too many young female racers when they hit about 13-15 years of age, because sports were not perceived as "feminine". Now tell me guys, what's not feminine about the ladies in this thread? So glad those silly ideas of yesteryear are fading, and kudos to these ladies for helping the process along.

Assuming you aren't saying this entirely tongue-in-cheek, I rather wholeheartedly agree. So long as the message is not just that even elite athletes have flesh and wobbly bits (so it's acceptable, right?) but that kids, especially girls, can have fun doing sport. Fit doesn't necessarily mean modelesque, it can mean toned, honed and healthy for life.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy