Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Disability Snowsport UK needs your help to Make a Million Friends!

Poster: A snowHead
DSUK is looking to make a million friends!

DSUK want to make a million friends, and would love it if Team Snowheads could help us. If each our new friends donated just £1 we would make £1,000,000! Imagine the impact that could have on our work.

Statistics show us that 170,000 non-disabled people ski once a month but less than 1,000 disabled people take part. If disabled people could ski at the same rate as their non-disabled peers there would be 25,000 disabled skiers on the slopes each month.

Furthermore, a million non-disabled people ski overseas each year. If disabled people were keeping up with their non-disabled peers, their number would be about 150,000. In reality it is just a few thousand.

With our friends’ help we could provide so much more access to disabled snowsports:

- We could train more adaptive ski instructors
- We could train more volunteer helpers
- We could increase the number of our overseas trips
- We could expand our adaptive ski schools around the UK
- We could provide a strong pathway for future paralympians, provide more support to the British Disabled Ski Team to win medals at Sochi and beyond, the list goes on!

We need your help! Please become one of our friends and please help us help to spread the word.

We have set up a dedicated justgiving campaign page to people to easily donate online

http://www.justgiving.com/dsukfriends

You can also easily donate by text!
Text 70070 - code DSUK60 and the amount you wish to donate

Please note a minimum of £2 donation is required if donationg online, however £1 can be donated via text and will still show on the just giving site.

We would love your help in spreading the word, and increasing access to the sport we all love so much.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 28-05-12 10:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Charlie DSUK, I can see no objection to the donation link being active - and have made it so. Good luck. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What, even more skiers on the slopes Shocked

Only joking, sounds like a great cause!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, clarky999,

Thank you so much to both of you for your support Very Happy

We're really excited about the campaign, and can't wait to give even more people, whether they be skier/volunteer/instructor etc., access to adaptive snowsports!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Charlie DSUK,

Do you want us to pop this onto our blog for you? Not as popular as snowheads but still gets plenty of traffic. . . . .

If so drop me an e-mail to heather(at)ice-fire(dot)co(dot)uk with the text and link you want to use and I'll put it up for you.

Good luck !!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That would be fantastic, thank you!!

Will get an email to you now Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the mail - it's on our blog for you now Charlie DSUK,

Good luck with your campaign - it's a great cause to be supporting . . .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So would a text, for example read: DSUK60 1 to give £1?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yep thats right andersont, super easy Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charlie DSUK, holly DSUK, I'm not sure if it's just me, but this thread title sounds a lot like spam and I only clicked through because it had been hanging around for a while and I was curious. It might be a good idea to make it a little more obvious that this thread is about supporting disability skiing. You seem to have approval, so why not?

That said, you have another donation. Good luck.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
little ms spock,

Thank you for your support!

That's a great idea about renaming the thread will get on that now....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Charlie DSUK,

On a slight tangent, i emailed DSUK quite some time ago offering some kit but received no response. Do you take donations (skis etc)? If so who should one contact?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
offpisteskiing,

We absolutely do accept donations, as we are then able to use them at our ski schools or activity trips.

Our biggest issue, however, is collection of the equipment as we are often unable to travel outside of our catchment area to receive it.

We have ski schools at the following locations, all of which would be able to receive a donation:
- Manchester: ChillFactore, rachel@disabilitysnowsport.org.uk
- Castleford: SNO!zone, rachel@
- Tamworth: Snow Dome, holly@
- Milton Keynes: SNO!zone, charlie@
- Hemel Hempstead: Snow Centre nicholas@
- Braehead: Snow Factor keira@

Please do contact the team member at your closest centre to discuss your donation.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So glad you changed the name...I've been ignoring this because I thought it was about shares in Faceache!!

Good luck reaching the million!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Charlie DSUK, cool - will try and hook that up next time i am back in the uk..
ski holidays
Most of us on here are so lucky. A few beers per week skied is a perspective way of looking at it . Great people.
ski holidays
Good luck with reaching the million, hope my few pennies helps Very Happy
latest report
Neville, Farley Goode, homphomp, achilles, clarky999, Snow and Sunshine, little ms spock, andersont,

Thank you all so much for your support.

It's so fantastic to have Team Snowheads on-side Very Happy
snow conditions
Charlie DSUK, Done I will push for you via our Facebook and Twitter accounts as well Very Happy
snow report
Done, good luck with this. Very Happy
snow report
livetoski, geepee,

Thank you and thank you.

SUPERSTARS!!!
latest report
livetoski, geepee,

Thank you and thank you.

SUPERSTARS!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy