Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The reverse snowplough - can be very useful

Poster: A snowHead
I spent much of my life, 20-30 years ago, doing this.

It's the reverse snowplough - very handy, especially if you're teaching a nice-looking girl, so long as she doesn't lose control and wipe out your masculinity. On the other hand, if she gently increases speed, that's fine.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surely the guy who thought up the "yellow snow" was having a laugh?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Reverse snowplough definately useful, yellow snow definately wierd Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Martin, it certainly is funny!

The photo was shot at Hemel Ski Centre, which plans to convert to indoor snow. Indoor yellow snow could be even more ironic.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mmmmm dendex..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Martin, the old adage "do not eat yellow snow" applies nicely to David's picture.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It also looks rather impressive when someone goes carving past you...... backwards Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
buns, I'll take your word for it. I think I'll give trying it a miss this season...I like my ligaments intact Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So what is the definition of a golden shower once frozen??? NehNeh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I once came across an Italian ski instructor who could ski better backwards, with better parallel turns on a green path than most people can ski forwards. I was following him and he just switched from forward to backwards skiing as he felt like it.

Absolutely amazing, and probably in my top 3 of amazing ski sights...!!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I witnessed the same manoevre in Switzerland when I was learning last year. My instructor was a very charming young lady called rebecca who made the exercise more 'fun' by saying I 'had to come down and park my car in her garage - and try not to touch the sides'! Needless to say I was was speechless for the rest of the day.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
noggy, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
noggy, Now that's what I call ski servicing Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
noggy, i take it you were allowed to hit the back wall though Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just as long as he didn't go through the back door...... wink
snow conditions
mwareing lol

Looking up peoples drives I have noticed that the front of some garages require weeding. wink
ski holidays
Don't believe I will ever 'crack' skiing backwards,it just feels so alien to me Puzzled
Now my son James is another matter.He does it for fun(and when he's bored rolling eyes )And,just to rub it in,he always insists on telling me how easy it is.

I hate kid's wink
snow conditions
snowskisnow, If you want him nobbling at the PSB let me know wink
ski holidays
snowskisnow, you can do it. Start by practicising a 360, which is easier than skiing backwards although half the maneouvre involves skiing backwards for just a few seconds while rotating.

Find a section of piste which includes a left bank of snow (if you want to rotate anti-clockwise) or right bank (if you want to rotate clockwise). Ski and turn tightly towards the bank, working the carved turn into a rotating skid, rotating your upper body. The skis will stop moving forwards and then slide backwards, while you keep rotating the body. Keep your arms wide for balance and to help the rotation.

Practice all this in secret, and then amaze your son.

With lots of practice using banks like this for 'reverse thrust' you'll find that you can work towards doing 360s on any section of piste, just by turning and rotating the upper body.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
snowskisnow, If you want him nobbling at the PSB let me know wink

Tempted wink
Mind you,if he gets too cocky,he can have a session with easiski Shocked That should calm him down a bit Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy