Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic WTF?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had cause to mooch on over to Atomics Snowboarding website. It appears they may have been inhaling the PTEX fumes and gone quite, quite mad.

They've developed something called the PIQ (plug-in-quick) bindings and... handles... for beginners. Shocked

Seems to be an unholy cross between a snowboard and a zimmer frame. Perhaps they've gone back to their skiing roots and find it weird not to be holding 'something' while on the mountain.

Anyone ever seen this contraption in the wild or even used it?

Clicky: http://www.atomicsnowboarding.com/index1.php#/BEGINNERS-04-01/
Theres a PDF flyer on the site too...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think I can see what they are getting at, but I can only really see it being of use for someone's very first day on a board.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Add two cup holders and its a no board with gluhwein options riding switch which would add extra gnar ...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's a noboard with handles. Or as Sherman Poppen would have had it a snurfer. What's old is new again. Need height appropriate handles to prevent that gimped broken as waist stance demonstrated on the flyer.

But not a terrible idea for first day never-evers, the problem with strapping in to a board for the first time is that it may be the first time in your life you've not had independent leg movement and not being "nailed in" might increase confidence levels.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob wrote:
But not a terrible idea for first day never-evers, the problem with strapping in to a board for the first time is that it may be the first time in your life you've not had independent leg movement and not being "nailed in" might increase confidence levels.

This...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
turn it upside down and it doubles as a work bench Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm all for people learning to ride, but this just seems counter-intuitive. You can't use your arms for balance, you're learning a technique you'll never really use again, they are encouraging you to twist the board using the handles not your feet...
sorry, just don't get this one...

shoogly, it's a built-in waxing stand.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways, I don't think you'd realistically be able to steer the board with the handles - they are in lieu of straps as a point of attachment and provide a bit of decent stance modelling to stop you twisting your body/shoulders around.

Plus think of the shizzle that they'll be able to pull in the X games with that kind of kit - triple rodeo mcskips, buffalo girl 1080s.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It'll be safe, it has a leash. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bloody good idea for us older snowboarders with bad backs. I might get one.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like fun Twisted Evil and on the button 'XCEPT it still encourages peeps to look down at the snow. The length needs to be adjustable. . .fatbob's right, you could get up to some real stupidity with that thing in the park Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy