Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice please. telemark garmont prophet boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
presently ski in a head edge boot 27.5 mondo 317mm, and it is a high volume boot and thick liner . so comfortable that i put them on do them up and dont need to touch them or faff around til after apres. Now knowing boots are different and i should try them on etc etc before buying,... but garmont prophet boots,.. are they a snug fitting boot ? should tele boots be a tad looser than alpine boots or the same or ? is the 27 the same shell as the 27.5 ? reason is that i have been offered a 27 boot (2nd hand / foot) with an unmoulded liner for £100 or there is a 27.5 (new) for £180. both are great deals, but do not want to just buy because theyre cheap. I prefer comfort from a ski boot and do not prescribe to cramp inducing rigid boots. ski anything alpine but tele virgin. [/i]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't speak for your feet but I've got pretty much teh widest last in an alpine boot and ski Garmont tele boots. No idea if the current lasts are the same as the last gen Energy and IIRC I'm a mondo size up I think in tele, but because of flexing the bellows a little space doesn't seem to hurt.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks ... i think the wide feet accomodation and half size bigger have made my mind to settle on the 27.5
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Garmont is a very wide fit, like you said, try before you buy!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's any help, I ski a Salomon size 30.5 alpine and a Garmont size 30 tele (few yers old, Garmont Genesis is the model I think). With the footbeds in, they feel about the same to me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy