Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for teaching in Europe 2012/13 with CSIA qualifications

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'm a newbie.

Four years ago I completed the Level 1 and Level 2 CSIA ski instructor qualifications in Whistler. I am only now just getting around to thinking about instructing - have been thinking Switzerland specifically.

I plan to do the season with my wife and baby, and with my wife working part-time hopefully between us earning enough to survive.

Looking around at the ski school websites I'm not feeling very hopeful about my chances of actually getting a job, but I'm hoping that I've just hit a wall and that some of you might be able to offer some inspiration and/or advice?

Is it relatively easy to find work with the CSIA qualifications? A couple of the ski schools have replied to me saying that they have hired them in the past. Although one ski school sent me a programme for BASI training course with some work guaranteed, but this is outlaying money for the course with not much scope for earning. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting to earn big bucks, but would hope that I could earn enough to get by.

Any replies are welcome! Thanks for reading.

Robbie.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Supporting three people on base level ski instructor wages is gonna be really really hard...

It's probably worth speaking to CSIA for advice, in theory you should be ok in Austria and Switzerland, but in Austria at least it's rare to see anyone working with qualies other than the Austrian ones. Saying that, there were a couple of BASI guys working in Saalbach this year - drop Fuerstauer Ski School a line, nice guys and good to work for.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you would probably get work, but the problem is for a first season instructor it may only be at busy holiday times.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy