Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Queenstown 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Hi team time to start this seasons reports with a bit of snow on the mountains and Coronet Peak running its snowmaking system for a few hours last night and their scheduled opening is three weeks from today. Not much in the way of changes since last season with no new lifts in the area. A bit more terrain modification at The Remakables is all I have heard of. A few new bars in town and a few with new names/owners. Hopefully we have a better start than last season when the snow was a month late and a couple of weeks of flight disruption due to the ash from a South American volcano. we are expecting it to be busy as there is a 29% increase in the flights in and out of our airport this winter. Will up date you as it all happens. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looking forward to the photos. hope you guys have a great season back home.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting looking weather on the way, a big wet norwester, but hopefully followed by a southerly.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like some snow for tonight and tomorrow with more latter in the week as the temperatures drop Very Happy Could be just in time for our planned opening on the 9th June. All fingers and toes crossed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Falls Creek this week:

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitegold, Looking good. A few cms here last night and more forecast for Wednesday. The snow line is well down and even a few flakes at home this afternoon. Snowmaking most of the day at Coronet Peak and I am sure they will start up again in a couple of hours as the temperature drops Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Overnight we had a few cms of snow on the mountains here with a light dusting to the valley and the forecast shows a bit more as the week goes on. With this and snowmaking it looks like we should have enough for opening at Coronet Peak on Saturday as planned. This part of NZ has missed the heavy snow that is now falling across the central South Island, closing roads and damaging Hang11's spouting http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=89316&highlight=
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from opening morning at Coronet Peak. Good to get out on skis again after the summer. Just a couple of trails open today so not much variety. There should be more trails opening in the next few days as the snow-making has some results. There could also be a bit more snow on Sunday night Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
After a couple of weeks with basically no new snow in the region and having to rely on the mad made snow things have started to change. 5cm last night and 10cm the night before have allowed a bit more terrain to be enjoyed. The forecast is showing the likelihood of another 25cm over the next two days with most of that coming tonight Very Happy With Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Cardrona open and with Treble Cone opening on the 28th it is all go for the 2012 season in Queenstown. Hope to have some photos for you soon if the weather lets me get onto the snow.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
After my last post I found out that I had the afternoon free so went up for a couple of hours and took this shot for you all.

I took this one last week when it was grey and miserable in Queenstown.

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sarge McSarge, have a good one and thanks for posting Very Happy
... even though it makes me a little homesick Crying or Very sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flowa, Well you can always come back for a visit. 20 to 30cm overnight so lots of fun to be had this morning even though it was a bit wind blown. Areas like Exchange Drop were nicely loaded and up to knee deep in places. The weather has closed in again so I am sitting at home eating lunch and watching the snow fall. There is a couple of cm on the valley road from Arthurs Point along to Arrowtown. Just enough to turn on the "Muppet Switch" that a lot of our drivers appear to have. Toofy Grin With a bit more snow due in the next 24hours it is really looking good especially as the school holidays start this weekend.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nice!!

Looking good!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
With another 5 plus cm since yesterday just to smooth over the tracks today was another very good day on the snow. Unlike yesterday the visibility was great so getting out off piste was far more fun. I trialed a pair of the new model Volkl Gotama and they were just the thing for tracked out wind affected patches as well as the untracked bits. I will have to be very nice to Mrs McSarge and see if I can afford a pair. I believe that I deserve them as I have just realized that this year it is 40, yes 40 years since I started skiing

A couple of shots for your viewing pleasure.

Down towards Queenstown.

Mt Cardrona just right of center. The lifts and runs are on the far side or the ridge.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quite windy yesterday with lifts stopping and starting but the snow was fine. First session of night skiing at Coronet Peak tonight but I am in front of the fire with a nice glass of red. The forecast is for sunny with light winds for the next few days but no snow until the middle of next week.
snow report
No new snow in the last week but the cold (and sunny) weather means the snow is holding up quite well and a bit of snow making helps it along. Treble Cone is still a bit thin over the main basin but the Saddle basin is looking pretty well covered. Cardrona has good coverage juts about every where. Remakables has good coverage on piste and reasonable off piste but still have to watch out for rocks. Coronet Peak is good on piste but quite patchy off especially on the ridges where the wind last week did some damage. The forecast for the next week is for continuing cold, sunny and light winds, lovely for skiing but no new snow.
ski holidays
Is it busy there Sarge? I'm surprised by how quiet it has been up this way, havent really had to wait to get on a lift even.
ski holidays
Not as busy as I recall from previous years although the traffic in town at 5pm has been diabolical the last few days. Up at Coronet at 8.50 this morning and I had to park down in one of the lower car parks yet the wait at the lifts was still very short. I was not up there for long so it may have got worse latter on. Will see tomorrow as I will have a longer day. On the weather situation we have missed all the wet that has hit further north and had non stop sun. Cool though with the highest temp at my house for the last week has been plus 3.5 and down to about minus 6 every night.
snow conditions
After a couple of weeks of very cold and dry weather we have had a change to warm and wet with rain on the snow not helping the conditions. Coronet Peak and Cardrona closed yesterday due to rain soaked snow pack. I believe they are open today but will be frozen hard and basically only skiing on the groomed runs with very thin frozen snow off piste. There may be a light snow fall latter today but not much expected. Not the best season so far Sad Sad
ski holidays
Temple Basin is closed until they get some more snow. Amazing seeing as they got over a metre out of one storm a few weeks ago. Must have properly got rinsed over the weekend.
snow conditions
Coronet was better than I expected this morning with a night of snow making and good work by the grooming crew. As I suspected there is really nothing to ski on off piste so sticking to the groomed runs is the way to go. Hopefully temperatures will allow a bit more snow making as the week goes on.
snow report
At last a bit of snow this afternoon with 5cm plus so far and maybe another 20cm overnight. It has been a long month without new snow so there should be some happy faces i town. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
The totals for the storm are Remarkables 25cm, Cardrona 15cm+, Treble Cone 20cm, Coronet Peak 10cm at base 30cm at top. So nothing special but it will definitely help.
snow conditions
The 30 cm at Coronet Peak was mostly blown away on Tuesday and to top that off there was lots of freezing cloud on Tuesday night which created a lot of rime ice to build up on the snow. The groomed runs are still in good condition but off piste is horrible.
snow report
Well winter is back at last. Having had the sunniest winter on record we are finally getting some more snow. With a few cm this afternoon and snow forecast off and on for the next four or five days things are looking up down south. I don't know what the total is likely to be but 30 to 40 cm is quite likely Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
50cm for Cardrona and Treble cone over the last 36 hours and about 20cm for Coronet Peak and the Remakables has put smiles on lots of faces down this way. With more snow forecast over the next few days it is looking like the last month of skiing here could be the best so far. Looks like snow for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and possibly Saturday and Sunday as well. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
okay so in the past few days TC (Treble Cone) have had near a meter I reckon!! Face shots all day....photo/videos to follow Very Happy WINTER IS BACK!!!!!
snow report
Another 10cm to 20cm on the mountains overnight and has been snowing down to lake level most of the day. 5cm plus at the airport by midday and still snowing and looks like it will keep snowing for at least another six hours. I hope to get on skis tomorrow morning so will take the camera and post some photos if I get anything reasonable. Still more to come on Thursday and Friday so the end of the season is looking very good.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Due to work dramas I did not manage to get on the snow this morning but the mountains are looking better now than any time this season. Another 10cm plus since yesterday morning at Coronet and more on some of the other mountains. Totals from the storm are from 50cm at Coronet and the Remarkables to over a meter at Treble Cone. More snow forecast from Thursday night through to Saturday morning. Most of the snow down at lake level has already melted but the higher hills are well covered.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy