Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snoasis will it ever happen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just reading about even more holdups with the snoasis in ipswich
it seems this project could be a major employer for the area and provide great facilities for newbees and exp skiers
but as usual in the uk, planning permission and red tape drags the whole process out and at the end of it we end up with nothing .
what is happening to this country. ?
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The lack of near major conurbations of people with cash really worry me about this project, I cannot see how it will make a profit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From what I've read on here in the past, I think they are looking to operate as centre parcs type of thingy, as well as open to the general public
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From what I heard, planning consent was given and is in place, but the owner/parent company have problems now.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-17624898
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Who wants to ski inside anyway?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No i doubt it. It'll never get funding.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1 wrote:
It'll never get funding.
This is the key think. Plenty of places would like to have them and there seem to be a number of local authorities who have already indicated than planning permission is likely to be granted. The problem is getting the multi-million pound budget together to construct the facility.

Fogliettaz, anyone who wants to improve their skiing when they can't be in the mountains.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I work in the real estate funding industry, and have some experience of the indoor slope business model in the UK.

Getting any kind of development funding in the UK is seriously tough. I have developers contacting me every single day wanting equity funding. We won't even look at projects with no senior debt, as the returns just aren't good enough. But banks won't lend development finance unless it's to an extremely well known developer with a proven track record, and a really safe development. Snoasis is a very high risk concept that has been difficult to make profitable in the UK previously, but this time on an even bigger scale - i don't think banks will look at it. No rich investor with any sense would fund a ski slope entirely from equity as the returns would be rubbish.

Until the UK is well out of recession, and you're no longer reading stories in the press about falling house prices, banks not lending etc, I think you can forget about new ski slopes. Sad

I'd like to be proven wrong though!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beanie1, I have friends in the club at Ipswich, they have never had any confidence that the developer involved would make Snoasis happen.

Do you have a feel for how the costs of building CFe compared to say Landgraaf or Amneville ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs, I don't know sorry, but I can try to find out.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beanie1, I probably don't need to know the numbers myself, I guess I was wondering whether the construction style made much difference to the costs and if so whether the people making the funding decisions are aware of it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy