Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is your ultimate, postcard-perfect ski village?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i'd vote for bormio or zell am see - lovely old towns.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It doesn't get any more beautiful than Gressoney and Alagna.
Combination of authentical old hamlets and villages, with the 4600+ high Monte Rosa in the background.

Gressoney in spring

Old hamlet

Monte Rosa - Himalayan!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Onnem, lovely pictures. I have an apartment in France and have visited a fair few places throughout the alps but I have to say that some of the Italian places take a lot of beating.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
T Bar wrote:
volklwaffen wrote:
Bonneval sur Arc

Lovely old bit, a few ugly appartment blocks near the lifts though.

Apartment blocks? Are you sure you are thinking of the right place? Tiny village at the top of the Haute Maurienne. One lift out of the village, though more up top?

The old parts of Alagna are very beautiful but not everything is up to that standard and other places have a more beautiful site for the actual village (eg some of the the Dolomites villages). This is an old village above Alagna - I'd vote for it but it isn't used as a ski base.

St Martin de Belleville is certainly a contender.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowball,
Quote:

Apartment blocks? Are you sure you are thinking of the right place? Tiny village at the top of the Haute Maurienne. One lift out of the village, though more up top?

Yep been twice and really enjoyed the place, lovely old picturesque village with a secondary set up near the lifts which is not horrendous but a bit spoiled by some somewhat dilapidated 70's appartment blocks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK - what should "picture postcard pretty ski villages" definitely NOT have? I'd put modern apartment blocks right up there on top of the list - whether or not they are claimed to be built in "Savoyard" (or whatever....) style. Preferably they'd not have cars, either, but I guess that would role out most!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w,
Quote:

OK - what should "picture postcard pretty ski villages" definitely NOT have?

In all honesty probably ski lifts, ugly things.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All the most beautiful villages are ones you come upon off-piste which have not been developed as Ski resorts.
Like this village close to Ste Foy (our guide said it had been used as a film set).

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sun 27-05-12 13:08; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
... Preferably they'd not have cars, either, but I guess that would role out most!

The ancient village of Bulnes in the Picos de Europa, Spain was only accessible on foot until the built an underground funicular in 2001:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bulnes+village&tbm=isch
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I seem to recall Claviere in Italy being rather pretty..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy