Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone me and 3 mates are doing a season in cham next year, already got apartment booked. just wanted some advice on a few things. firstly when can we buy the mont blanc unlimited ski pass at the duscounted price and anyone know how much it is? also anyone know where to find a part time job for the season, like where or how to go about applying? thanks! Little Angel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to Natives.co.uk for job info.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go to chamonix this summer. I saw loads of bars and restaurants looking for summer and winter staff. I would wait till around the 15th June as a lot of the places are closed at the moment.

Pass prices usually come out september time.

Enjoy

Andy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Olivergent, If you can register as a "Gen de Pays" you may get even more of a discount.

Last year the cut off was nov 20 iirc.

Should be about 700 eurs with Courmayeur and possibly some Verbier access.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you, what is "Gen de Pays"? How do I register for it?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Olivergent, It basically means "local resident" and I expect you'd need to show at least an appartment rental contract if not other proof of residency.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ahh right okay thanks I'll look into it Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you're not the strongest mountaineer, check out the "Work and Ride" pass. It's a good option if you get a job with a Chamonix based company (you need a contract to get this pass). It doesn't cover the top of Grand Montets but is about 1/2 the price of the regular discounted pass. If you're not going to spend too much time climbing over the back of Grand Montets, this is the pass I would opt for. If you follow anderoo's advice and get try for a summer job then this could save you a few bucks.

---
Verbiaire
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To get a workers pass you need a proper contract with a minimum number of hours. To get work, speaking French is very helpful but not essential, some other skill is also very handy. Get to the resort as early as you can say November. Driving jobs can be a good option and can be sought in advance but they are competitive and will go quickly to serious applicants. Try and save as much money as you can before you get there, it's easier to earn a few quid in the UK and bring it with you than earn it there and eat into your skiing time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
or at least enough money to get you to the second week of january-ish, time at which some people leave their position as they realize one or all of the below :

- simply, ski-ing is much better than working
- season work is not as fun as imagined
- it did not pay as much as expected and
- the boss is not paying or has a dodgy way to do so (undeclared, cash in hand... etc...)
- the tips are miserable
- shite hit the fan and all bridges appear to be burnt with the owner/boss/company which happens to be owning most of the flipping village/town/resort
- actually this boy/chick is well fit, I am going to follow him/her back to (insert name of exotic place where there is more snow for longer /cham's might be harder to beat, in your case/, better food, life's cheaper, the opposite gender is reputedly way better /you have to keep your options open/)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy