Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort advice for lift pass discounts for multiple trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m hoping to go skiing with my family (me, OH and 2 sons aged 16 & 14) for 2 separate weeks next year and to go for 2 long weekends with friends.

If I went to the same resort for all 4 trips could I get any decent lift pass discounts?

I’ll be taking the car for the 2 weeks with the family so the closer the resort to Calais the better. Considering that I’ll be skiing for a total of 20 days I will need a reasonably sized ski area (above 200kms). Our skiing ability is good intermediate on piste, but novices off piste.

Based on last seasons prices, if we had gone to Les Arcs / La Plagne and bought full Paradiski lift passes for the 4 trips then it would cost just over €2,000. - Family 6-day pass @ €809 & 4-day long weekend pass @ €192.

Can anybody recommend any resorts where there is a discount for this much skiing?
Do any resorts have discounted early bird season ticket offers?
Are non-consecutive day lift passes ever cheaper?

Any advice greatly appreciated
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Season passes seem to start around 500 Euro (with earlybird/local etc discount) and up depending on resort. I suspect you're on the cusp of it becoming possible but not quite breakeven. Swiss and Austrian places do seem to do the 20 day anytime type passes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you get a Pass tignes - you can purchase full Espace Killy Passes - you immediately get a discount (sadly only 5% I think) but you do earn bonuses to be spent next season - you only need to come to tignes the first time to collect the card - after that you could stay in tignes or Val as the passes are charged electrnically. you can also buy family passes which may be cheaper
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dhorst,

Last couple of seasons Grand Massif passes have been around €400

Chamonix passes get you access to Courmayeur and Verbier (MBU, discounted if bought early, Verbier limited to 8 days this season, Courmayeur unlimited).

Most resorts have early bird discounts.

Can't see non-consec days beieng cheaper.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Espace Diamant (180kms of piste, all linked) was about 380 euros if bought early (before 02/11) for last season. You could look at Mont Blanc Evasion too - a good value pass which covers a variety of resorts, not all linked. Non-consec passes are generally slightly more expensive IME.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You will struggle to beat the Grand Massif (265km skiing) season pass (if bought before about 10th December 2012) at about 425 Euro per Adult. I'll be buying mine early again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info.

The GM pass looks real value at the same price as 2 x 6-day adult passes.

Time to start finding accommodation and get booking.......
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got an Eski-mo pass last season, covers Val Cenis, Valfrejus, La Norma and Aussois. Can't remember the exact cost but 2 adult season passes and 2 child passes was about £800 (including 50% early bird discount). We got 4 full weeks out of that so it worked out at £50 pppw!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow, that's tempting aswell.
We skied Val Cenis & La Norma at half term this year and conditions were great, if a bit cold for the start of the week, and the half term queues were non-existent.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or ski anywhere in the Maurienne valley with the Ski Maurienne Sans Frontières pass:
http://www.maurienne-tourisme.com/fr/il4-maurienne,bougez_p38-ski-maurienne-sans-frontieres.aspx

This is €144 for any 8 days (non-consecutive too) - and no need to buy in advance. Two passes at €288 would just about cover the trips proposed and if you need any extra days then the pass allows a substantial discount on the day rate. Take a photo - and a car!

An example:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1995912
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Many resorts offer season passes. A family (2 +2 up to 17s) for Paradiski whole area was €2139 last year if purchased before 30/11/11. The break even point is a shade under 3 weeks. Might be a winner once your children are adult price.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dhorst, with the Grand Massif pass you can also get insurance for the whole season at Eur 29 which is also a bit of a bargain.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy