Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trouble booking b&b for a weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to book for a long weekend next Feb but can't seem to be able to get anything booked. Hoping to go to westendorf. There are 8 of us going. We are booking flights this weekend while cheap. Do you think some reasonable accommodation will come up near the time and places would rather not book weekender in yet and rather get someone information a full week
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very difficult to get weekends booked in resorts at peak season way in advance. Look at appts down the valley in villages which are more summer orientated or hold your nerve and book a week or so out when owners might be more amenable. If you're renting a car down the valley is no big deal.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mattiwilkin, it simply makes no sense at all for anywhere in a resort to book up a weekend mid season at this stage. They would be risking losing half a week's income. So why would they do it? Some places might, but by and large they are much better off waiting till much closer before the time (a week or two) before considering letting a place go for a long weekend. You don't say the date or days, but well worth remembering that.

a. if you cross into two weeks (by say going for Friday to Monday) you are even less likely to find somewhere.
b. February means school holidays which increases demand.
c. Week starting 11 February is Fasching which further increases demand.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I understand. Will have to leave it and start looking a month or so before we go. Go last weekend in Feb, 27th to 3rd march wed to sunday. So hopefully not too bad. Missing the holidays. I hope
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I understand. Will have to leave it and start looking a month or so before we go. Go last weekend in Feb, 27th to 3rd march wed to sunday. So hopefully not too bad. Missing the holidays. I hope
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mattiwilkin, nearer the time try www.booking.com or the tourist office just before you leave or just go on spec and look for zimmer frei signs. I did it once on spec there with just two of us and we eventually got housed in a dodgy attic room in a very smelly farmhouse. Good luck Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller wrote:
I did it once on spec there with just two of us and we eventually got housed in a dodgy attic room in a very smelly farmhouse.

Isn't that what the tourist office describes as "rustic charm"? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've found plenty of attractive, clean and inexpensive places at short notice (even on the day) outside of peak times (though not at Westendorf as I've never tried). For eight though I would imagine it quite likely you would have to split up into smaller groups as at short notice it is more likely you will be filling in gaps.

BUT there is a way round this.

You are going for four nights anyway if you paid for six (so Monday to Sunday) it would be much more likely that someone would book all eight of you a long way in advance. You won't use the two nights extra nights, but for a 50% premium you get to book in advance and have peace of mind, you all get to stay together, you are booking early so will get much more choice and probably get somewhere nice close to the lifts.

Your choice clearly, but book now and you can book somewhere cheap, wait to the last minute and you may end up paying a higher price AND not being in the same place.

Worth thinking about I'd say if you find somewhere not too expensive to start with.

http://www.bergfex.com/brixen/hotel/?p=detail

http://youtube.com/v/C4Q3BNrLEAE&feature=player_embedded

http://www.bergfex.com/westendorf/unterkunft/bauernhof/
http://www.bergfex.com/brixen/ferienwohnung-appartements-alois-aschaber/?p=detail
http://www.bergfex.com/westendorf/unterkunft/pension/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers. Did think about this. Could also easily split into 2 fours or even 4 twos. As a younger and an older group. Did think the position about going last minute is can chase the best conditions a bit should it be a poor snow year. Westendorf is first choice but we are open to anywhere really with some good acres and good intermediate. Skiing. Also seen a hostel in kitz but think will miss that for now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy