Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How much snow in Austria this season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This, apparently, is form Nordkette the other day:

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clarky999, Cool Cool nice pic
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carbon_copy, Not mine, should have said - from the guys at the Hoettinger Alm.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Amazing photo! Reminded me that we should now be in a position to answer this thread.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, the Bavarian Bergwacht have been issuing serious warnings about the amount of snow still lying at relatively low levels. They are warning walkers to be extremely careful about crossing any the snow masses as well as walking along paths below masses such as that shown there. Our starts on the lowly mountain opposite my flat has only just started to appear, but to get to them we have to cross quite deep drifts still filling in every depression on the mountain top. The mountain is only about 1600m high as well!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
This will cause ski towns to virtually shut down (for safety ) due to level 4-5 Avalanche risk.

Well he we right here, some places did shut down for a few days in due to high avalanche risk

stanton wrote:
This Season in Austria & Switzerland is heading for a write off.

Clearly this didn't happen

Having said that I was concerned in early December myself but had two great trips
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The drift looks big but it's probably formed from less than 1000cm of cumulative snowfall.

Parts of north Japan and west US get more than that in an average season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

This Season in Austria & Switzerland is heading for a write off.

Best season for snow in the Zillertal for many a year, going to remember the last 5 months for a long time!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And most likely one of worse season for long time south of Tauern, the_doc.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whitegold wrote:
The drift looks big but it's probably formed from less than 1000cm of cumulative snowfall.

Parts of north Japan and west US get more than that in an average season.

Not so sure about the cumulative snow, I reckon that's around 7 metres thick, and it's been roasting in Innsbruck recently - so very heavily consolidated. Would be interesting to hear how much snow actually fell this season - I think the average in Stuben is 9 metres (can't find where I read that now, but seemed a fairly reliable source at the time), which is a lot more than most places in Europe. Obviously Japan blows this out the water, how much do places like Whistler/etc get?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999, Whistler gets an average of 10.42m http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/stats/index.htm

Warth-Schröcken apparently gets 11m (though not clear what the original source for this is) http://www.warth-schroecken.com/en/detail/11-meter-schnee-am-arlberg-schneesicherheit-schneehoehenstatistik/

As with all these things measuring and comparisons are a bit tricky.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nozawaonsen, Whistler statistics show that they've had 1382cm this season so it looks like it did turn out to be a better than average season after all and by quite a bit. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geetee, yes Whistler had a stunning second half of March which took it way above average. Though at the time we had the original discussion... it was around average which was my point. Glad you got to enjoy the snow.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Enough for me - it was brilliant. Probably the best conditions I have ever had the immense pleasure to ski. It was almost better than sex. Well, it was pretty good anyway. Ok, it was snow. Cold and a bit damp at times. Alright, so not as good as good sex, but better than … OK, Austria was great this year, but I prefer sex. I think?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy