Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere accommodation help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Am an Aussie getting married in Ireland January 2nd 2013. As many of our guests are flying over, my fiancée and I have decided to share the first week of our honeymoon (5th-12th Jan) with some of them, before escaping by ourselves to Lech for a week and then onto Rome.

We had thought of getting a Chalet but due to friends coming with young children (6 months - 3 years) we have decided separate hotel rooms or apartments are the go.

Val d' Isere is the preferred resort due to its altitude and desire to cross another great ski area off my list.

The problem im having is finding reasonably priced accommodation. I know this is Val and high prices are expected, however ive stayed at Courchevel, Lech and Zermatt for around €100-120 a night HB and had hoped to find similar prices.

Requirements are good food and in Val d'isere itself. Right now for anything less than €170 does not seem possible:( Am finding some cheaper B&B's but am frightened of dinning out costs each night in Val. While price is not much of an issue for my fiancée and I, we do need to make this trip as affordable as possible as people are already paying enough flying to Europe.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you considered chalet accoms for the families from the likes of Esprit and then adults elsewhere? We have done this in the past and it can work well as long as people understand you will not all eat your supper in the same place/time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thats the problem Simon, we really want to do meals as a group. A hotel rather than a chalet gives us a chance to get away by ourselves still.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Le Toviere hotel in La Daille (yes not in the centre of town but the bus is very regular).... GREAT value. Also try someone like Mark Warner as they have chalet hotel type accommodations and the Cygnaski is pretty child friendly, good value and close to the centre of town but almost feels like a hotel...... they are plenty of others hotel wise if you look at the links from www.valdisere.com. Good luck.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Steve thanks the Le Troviere while not in town centre does look interesting. Trip advisor suggests the food is a bit ho hum however the Hotel is getting a refurb this summer so will check it out for sure.

Anyone got any other suggestions for cheap hotels with good food?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cubanpete Ive eaten there a few times and personally I think it is excellent but perhaps the set menu meals for internal customers of the hotel is not as good but personally I thought the food is excellent. Good luck.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed in La Toviere for a week this Easter. Very good value IMHO. Let's not forget it's a very reasonable rate for the half board so it's a tad unfair to expect gourmet dining but there wasn't a meal I was dissatisfied with. Rooms confy with decent bathrooms and a balcony. Les Crete Blanche in Val is similarly priced and I have also stayed there and would recommend; if you stay for a week it offers two evenings of meals if I recall.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The location of La Toviere is great too. I've not stayed there (but in chalets that are very close) and I think it's the best position to be in Espace Killy. The funival rarely has queues, unlike the lifts of Val-proper, and from the top you can easily reach the rest of the ski area as you're right in the middle.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cubanpete wrote:
Steve thanks the Le Troviere while not in town centre does look interesting. Trip advisor suggests the food is a bit ho hum however the Hotel is getting a refurb this summer so will check it out for sure.

Anyone got any other suggestions for cheap hotels with good food?

Don't mean to teach anyone to suck eggs, but you do appreciate the difference between a chalet or chalet hotel and the rest? Anything with 'chalet' in the name will be operated by a UK tour company and employ non local staff. The cheaper end of the market will have gap year kids doing 'join the dots' cooking.

The Tov is fine, I've stayed there twice myself. Good hearty English fare, because that's the target market. If you want French finesse you will need a full board hotel or to dine out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cubanpete, try YSE , not sure how many are going , but http://www.yseski.co.uk/products/1379-9255/juniper.php works out at under £100 per day per person , includes flight , transfers and FB , I can vouch for the catering by YSE and it is not run by gap students. Sleeping so many , the wee ones could easily have rooms further away from those that don't sleep to soundly. Never had that problem on a ski holiday though , after skiing and drinking unlimited wine in the chalet always sleep like a log. They have other chalets too in varying price brackets.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

The Tov is fine, I've stayed there twice myself. Good hearty English fare, because that's the target market. If you want French finesse you will need a full board hotel or to dine out.

it is under new French owners you know and has been for 3 years now you know?

+1 for YSE Scot_Ski
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy