Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSB 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Any talk of whether there will be one next winter?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B, Sshhhh - the great man is thinking wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excuse my ignorance, PSB? Pre-season bash?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Iaink, Yes, late Nov/early Dec. Tignes last year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, for some reason it's been a little trickier than last year getting info/quotes from the necessary suppliers but... in answer to your question: yes, there is talk Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
admin, Thanks, I'll build it into my plans then Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1st - 8th Dec is looking like the favourite btw.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bah! a week before I can get flights out from Southend... So much for the lie in and a lift to the airport!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
/me tentatively pencils in 4th trip of the season... (well 1st... of 4 so far)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy, Laughing Laughing murder innit? fitting them all in...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Could be the pre season rehab bash wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin, I too am waiting for information, need to decide whether I can afford the PSB and the s9bb or the eosb. Have never been on one before, but all the comments makes my mouth water, even bought new skis to try out. wink wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, dates look good, keep me in the loop Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
livetoski, certainly will.

And to that end: 1st-8th Dec is now on.
Prices/buttons coming soon Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Start the countdown! Only 201 sleeps Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
admin, good stuff, give me a shout nearer the time re skis and stuff, will pencil it in the diary Smile
ski holidays
Fantastic news.
latest report
I'm really interested in this. I'm also a bit of a troglodyte when it comes to finding my way around this (and other) websites. Are there any links to reports of previous PSB's; just to whet my appetite and to give me more of an idea of what to expect? Thanks in anticipation etc.

Oops! Just discovered that by clicking on PSB'S in bold blue I have managed to answer my own question. Embarassed
snow report
Try these threads. Very Happy

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76388

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82359

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=76809

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=80832

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82350

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82011
ski holidays
I basically have everything ready to go for the PSB2012 except one thing: when to run the transfers?

I was looking at flight times so as to optimise the transfers for the best possible number of flights but there seem to be no flights to GVA, Grenoble or Lyon from anywhere other than London airports on 1st and 8th Dec.
Is this so or have I missed something somewhere?
snow conditions
admin, I haven't checked, but that's quite possible. The only flights from the NW for last year's PSB involved changing in London or elsewhere in Europe. That's why a bunch of us hopped on the trains instead. Easyjet seems to take a little break between it's full-on summer and winter GVA schedules Sad
snow report
admin, you are indeed correct - nothing direct at the moment from outside London. Regional routes may not yet have been confirmed or maybe they've just decided that they aren't going to make any money from them this early in the season.
latest report
There wasn't a lot last year either. My travelling companions came down to Luton from Manchester and Barnsley.
snow report
admin, sounds about right; it was the same last year, so I expect anyone who comes up in a rash at the mere mention of London will have to go via Amsterdam and have KLM lose their luggage.
snow report
But on the up-side harrisontherabbit, they could end up a far better skier for it Wink
ski holidays
In anticipation of this year’s PSB I have just created a separate login for Mrs rdwags who is definitely up for her first SH bash. Gutted because I have no leave left and will have to wait just a bit longer for my inauguration Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
admin, well I am driving down, I am getting used to being stopped in Dover and customs saying "hello Sir and why have you got 20+ pairs of skis in the back of your car"answer well, its the Snowheads PSB and some long hair dude asked me to pack them
Shocked Shocked Shocked wink
snow report
Glad to know your 'In' livetoski snowHead

Buttons now up and ready for pressing on the PSB topic, proper.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy