Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2012/2013 (Update on Lech)

Poster: A snowHead
kitenski, looking great eh, just on ski tech in my garage, edging and waxing Mantras ready for 18th, looks epic on FB page tourist office have released today, long may it stay cold!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Markymark29, I am trying not to ramp it all up so much, but it good be pretty good I reckon!

BTW I put various forecasts and Webcams in one place for the area, for a quick fix wether on mobile phone or at home

http://greghilton.co.uk/snow_forecast/gfsruns.php?select=stuben
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, very good info, may be worth adding bergfex to your list, I always find it to be more accurate than Snowforecast. Most accurate one IMO is the one on St Anton TV, only available in resort! I don't know how to read those graphs, I know people on here read them and rate the, any tips or links would be welcomed. Also suggest a link on your info to the lawinen info if you are planning OP.

Personally I tend to get updated over breakfast when in resort on wifi and then forget about forecasts and take it as it comes.

Reckon your week could b epic. Just had some FB photos from a local St Anton friend doing a high level tour today, to say I'm green looking at her fresh S's is an understatement!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markymark29, cheers, do you have a link to bergfex and lawinen?

Tips for reading the charts are on the page at the top, but in summary, the first chart:

Quote:
The graph that is displayed shows precipitation and the 850mb temperature forecast including the current GFS forecast runs (each run is the same forecast but with tweaked input data) and an average of all those runs. The average historical data (from 1971-2000) is shown by the red line, the current forecast by the green line, and the average of the last dozen runs by the grey line. The thick blue line is the current forecast, but run on older 'lower resolution' software.Each other line is the same forecast with the tweaked data.

850mb roughly corresponds to an altitude between 1400-1600m for the alps most of the time.

so *currently* it's showing quite a big swing towards much lower than average temps from the 6/7th April at least until the 11/12th, but then you can see lots of disagreement over what happens next as the lines all have different results.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, lawinen info:-

http://lawine.tirol.gv.at/en/

Bergfex to follow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29, both links now added, Bergfex under local forecast and a link to Avalanche info added

cheers Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Winter temperatures continue for the next few days ! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Even if it warms up you can still have fun .....

http://youtube.com/v/5SsAgYH2fRg
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Powder in Zurs

Banane - Zürs - Powder Run from Claus Halbherr
http://vimeo.com/62727256

Ski Club Arlberg

SOU UND NIT ANDERSCH - SCA NEWSCHOOLTEAM (2011/2012) from SCA Newschoolteam
http://vimeo.com/62629298

ESPN

AUSTRIA for ESPN - St Anton from Andrew Hardingham
http://vimeo.com/62474201
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The KK will be closing for the season this Saturday 6th April.

It is a party up there everynight so I am not sure why they have to announce a closing party !
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What! I was so looking forward to going there next week. Is the Mooserwirt still open?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
prthomas, You KNOW it will be.......dont get that, their loss, don't like KK anyway......season doesn't finish until 21st, i'm rocking up with my beer vouchers on 18th never been short of somewhere to swap them before wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just looking at the lift pass price list and it says passes can be used from 4pm the day before they are valid - but what time does the lifts close?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
actually, found it here http://www.skiarlberg.at/arl/east/en/winter/w-skigebiet/66b5a740142a26b407a0267cab08af72
snow report
Folks. Today has to be one of the best ski days (except powdays) of the season.

Perfect winter conditions. No tourists, its Saturday & Empty slopes!

Maximillians restaurant closes tonight.

Underground closes next Saturday 15th.

Re. lift tickets. You can use from 4pm on day of purchase. You got about 1/2hr. It used to be
1hr.
snow report
stanton, Damn you StAnton!!!!!!!

*chuckles......... I'm flying out tomorrow* snowHead
snow conditions
theskibob, it just NEVER fails does it?!! Magic place..... Toofy Grin
snow report
Markymark29, Bergfex's forecast.......... http://www.bergfex.com/stanton-stchristoph/wetter/

Up to as much as 20cms falling in the following 4 days. Had similar weather this time last year with Stuben front face (Albona North) being utterly fabulous.
latest report
Anybody know when the Mooserwirt and TAPS close? Coming to St Anton next weekend and hoping both will be going strong.
snow report
Very foggy and light snow in Stuben this morning. Was cloudy yesterday as well in Stuben but sunny elsewhere according to the bar folk we chatted to.
ski holidays
Moose goes to the end.

Big expansion at the Hospiz Hotel.

€20M project starts after the lifts shut. 2 years to build opens 2015.

KunstHalle Arlberg.

http://www.kitzmueller-architektur.at/projekte/2013/kunsthalle-arlberg-st-christoph/

Comprise of concert hall & a kind of museun showroom for expensive cars.
latest report
We had some fresh snow overnight followed by rapid freeze.
snow conditions
stanton, thanks for the update.
ski holidays
Not been a lot of new snow, found all sorts with a guide yesterday, snowing again this morning.
snow report
kitenski, Sounds great, is it still cold? Snow OK in the afternoons?

You are staying in Stuben I think - Have you done the north face of Albona yet... rejoin the piste S2 just above the restaurant? Or Wirt/ pylon run (top of Albona 2 down to bridge at Raus)?

Also suggest if doing the White Ring a lunch stop at Cresta hotel in Oberlech, (last place on the right, great sunny terrace, amazing cheeseburger, food excellent).

Enjoy your week.
latest report
stanton, is the (newish) Underground fun? Thinking of heading there for the closing party on saturday but unsure what to expect? Will have been at the Mooserwirt for apres. Thanks
ski holidays
simo1234, Underground always good for a laugh with plenty of good music.

As far as the KunstHalle goes, how many times have I found myself dancing on the tables at the Moose, "Hey, wir wollen die Eisbären sehen" belting out only to pause mid "oooohooohoooohohoooo" to ponder "what this resort really needs is an underground museum for expensive cars!" Still, design looks nice.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nozawaonsen wrote:
simo1234, Underground always good for a laugh with plenty of good music.

As far as the KunstHalle goes, how many times have I found myself dancing on the tables at the Moose, "Hey, wir wollen die Eisbären sehen" belting out only to pause mid "oooohooohoooohohoooo" to ponder "what this resort really needs is an underground museum for expensive cars!" Still, design looks nice.

Laughing
snow report
simo1234, The UG is always good enjoy.

nozawaonsen,

There building the kunsthalle to attract more summer tourists.

As for expensive cars. Across the way from Moose. The Griabli are going
To build this summer an underground carpark for 40 cars even though they only
have space for 28 guests!!

Im sure the garage is to accomodate his collection of exotic cars.

Meanwhile while Heli is ripping of his customers he is busy spending his millions on designer clothes and high mntce ladys!

He has somehow found some cash to reward his employees he will also build new underground dungeons for his ultra low paid serbian workers Shocked

Think about it next time you visit the Griabli.........
snow report
Just back from the moose, cracking afternoon there, great atmosphere even this late in the season.

Good snow everywhere, not that slushy, big on piste day today with good moguls ski route 3. Sun, snow and everything in between today.

All runs in great nick, been down to nassereien and all good, Weiss ring tomorrow with kids if weather looks ok.
snow report
Thank you for the 'live' report. Hoping that the atmosphere (and the snow) lasts until the weekend!
snow report
Another few inches overnight and it is still snowing.
ski holidays
Folks you may of noticed the lack of sun tanned faces this season.

All change for the Last week of the season.

Warm summer days to finish. Freeze level 2200-to Valluga summit this week.

Dont forget next Saturday 16:00 (CET) LIVE online.

DER WEISSE RAUSCH 2013
ski holidays
got back late last night, a good week, but as stanton says the typical spring sun stayed away!

Thursday and Friday morning it was raining even in Stuben, Thursday the snow level was a lot higher than Friday. Our kids did well to do the Weiss ring in the rain without complaining!!

Snowing very heavily Friday night, so the packed car I'd left outside for a quick getaway at 5:30am Saturday was quickly moved into the garage!!

Still loads of snow cover, the only bare patch I saw all week on piste was the final corner of the home run over at 1000m in Sonnenkopf.

I'll post up some pics, vids etc separately.

Anyone have a name/mp3 link for the Moosewirt song, seems to be a bit of an anthem, with a Swim, Swim, swim and spring, spring, spring (in German) as part of the chorus....

youtube video of it here, just after the soundtrack.....

http://youtube.com/v/pxkwc5Exj-E
ski holidays
So a schöner Tag (Fliegerlied) by Tim Toupet.
latest report
http://www.schnitzelbahn.com/homepage/2011/9/18/oktoberfest-songs-1-wiesn-hits.html
latest report
Going out for the weekend, anyone locally know if Griabli is open and if there are any plans for a season end Snowtones show?stanton, I'm surprised at your comments re Griabli, its my favourite bar, great food, great music and the staff have been there years, I know some of them and Heli treats them well.
snow report
Markymark29, get in touch with Hage on his site http://www.hageandreno.com/
I've been emailing him stuff about something I'm planning for next year in St Anton and he's usually pretty quick at getting back to me
latest report
Big skier triggered slide on Albona yesterday apparently.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy