Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine vs Chamonix vs Paradiski for a season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Ski season on the cards, narrowed it down to Morzine, Paradiski or Chamonix . Looking for quite varied skiing and a big area to explore, a decent nightlife and a big enough town so's I can moonlight as a sports massage therapist.

Anybody have any favourites? Where's the best snow, nightlife and general craic?!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My personal views:

Chamonix - big town, lively night life, lots of varied skiing, but you need a bus to get around. Lots of British people

Morzine, - smaller town, though a huge ski area I cannot recall it being that varied. I cannot recall much night life

Bourg st Maurice - Town size between the two. Massive and varied ski area, if you are using a bus to get around Cham then buses upto Tigne, st Foy, 3V and even the heart of the Vanoise, Pralognon, are permitted. Fair number of British people, For me the night life is OK.

I would happily do any of them, but for me Bourg narrowly tips Cham.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi joe1890,

If you are thinking of the Paradiski area then I would strongly advise you to get in touch with Massage Me who offer in-chalet massage therapists all over the Paradiski area.

They are legal, insured, registered etc etc which ensures that you won't be arrested (sports therapy requires medical training in France so the UK qualification doesn't translate and the authorities are quite hot on this). You remain self employed so you can choose where you work etc.

For nightlife in Paradiski I'd recommend Arc 2000, Arc 1800, Plagne Centre, Plagne 1800, Bellecot or Bourg St Maurice. I don't know as much about Cham or Morzine so can't comment on them.

Best of luck wherever you decide to go - I'm sure that you will have an amazing time!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, thinking if I can get hold of the companies it may be easier than playing it dodge by offering cash for massage!

Does anyone know where I can find a price for Mont Blanc Unlimited Season lift passes? Literally spent hours looking with no luck. Portes du Soleil and Paradaski are easy, but nothing on MBU!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
joe1890, prices normally are set in October
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
joe1890 wrote:
Thanks, thinking if I can get hold of the companies it may be easier than playing it dodge by offering cash for massage!

Does anyone know where I can find a price for Mont Blanc Unlimited Season lift passes? Literally spent hours looking with no luck. Portes du Soleil and Paradaski are easy, but nothing on MBU!

As advised above probably not set yet but expect about €1350 for the season with a 40-45% discount if you pay by mid Oct and a slightly smaller discount if you do the same by end November. also you can pay in 3 installments spread over pre/early & mid season
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PS ref the op: definately Chamonix (but i would say that)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
joe1890, No prices for the mbu for next year yet. If you buy early, you get a big discount on the aprox. 1200euro, I think I paid 720 euro for last season. Around 550 for the Le pass.

If you have a proper job with a contract you can also get a discount.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
joe1890, If you ski predominantly off piste or aspire to then definitely Chamonix. If you don't then probably Paradiski. Have you considered Val Thorens, or Val d'Isere/Tignes? Better fit to your criteria IMHO. 800 euros for MBU last year if purchased before end Nov.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it was me I would go for Paradiski, stay in Arc 1800. But if you are hard core OP enthusiast do Chamonix. There is plenty of very decent OP in Paradiski though, and overall I think it will offer you more
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had a mate who did Paradiski, he did love it to be fair, even though he stayed in Peisey Nancroix. I don't/haven't had a lot of OP experience, but it's something I want to start to do and do a lot of. The only thing I'm finding with Paradiski is I can't seem to find much accommodation in Arc 1800. Looking for a studio or small apartment, anyone got any idea of where to look? Looked on a few places, including livetheseason.

@jbob, I have looked at those, but every seasonnaire place I ended up looking at mentioned that they tend to work out v. expensive for seasoning.
€800 is decent to be honest; where do I look for that pass from?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
joe1890 wrote:
@jbob, I have looked at those, but every seasonnaire place I ended up looking at mentioned that they tend to work out v. expensive for seasoning.
€800 is decent to be honest; where do I look for that pass from?

The paradiski season pass when bought early last season was available for 689 euro - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=79067&start=81
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Me and 3 of my mates are doing a season in chamonix next year. booked the apartment from Mountain-Base 6000 euros for the season, cant wait. ive heard the nightlife and apres is good, is this true? and how much is the living out there like typical pint or vodka mixer and supermarket shopping?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy