Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in South Africa - Tiffendell

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have experience skiing in Tiffendell? Just wonder is it worth going there?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crusader, I thought Tiffendell was a former Top Gear presenter? Toofy Grin

Seriously though, I know nothing about the resort apart from the fact that it is in the Drakensberg Mountains.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crusader, I believe it is closed and the whole place is up for sale. That's what I was told the last time I was down there in 2011. Friends told me they have to take their touring gear up into Lesotho now if they want to ski without leaving the continent. They are based in KwaZulu Natal, so Tif was there closest "resort".

The main slope is only about a kilometre long anyway. So it is just a big open air "fridge" type place for want of a better description. There are a couple of active snowHeads here from SA so they may have more up to date information.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought it had shut down too. Their web site looks as deserted as Snow Voles!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks for the information.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It has definitely closed down. Try Afriski, which is in Lesotho. Very limited skiing though. Only 1 slope, about 1 km long.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
video here of Afriski

http://youtube.com/v/iXH-e8GufVw
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just read in "First Track" that Tiffendell has a new owner.

At an auction last week in Johannesburg, South African business man and former Tiffindell skier Lew Campbell purchased South Africa’s only ski resort for R5.5 million — or about US$669,000. In 2007 it was sold for an estimated R22 million (US$2.68 million)

Thursday’s auction of Tiffindell ski area was absolute, which meant that there was no minimum bid required. Included in the sale price are all of the 250-acre resort’s facilities, including lifts, snowmaking, overnight accommodation, restaurant, lounge, retail shop and more, as well as a 99-acre parcel already approved for additional development just below 3,000-meter Ben McDhui, the country’s highest peak.

Campbell owns Ski Deck, an indoor ski training facility in Ferndale, South Africa that teaches newcomers to the skiing and snowboarding using moving carpets. The new owner indicated that the ski area will require renovation work, and as a result he hopes to get the resort, closed since 2007, back up and running to welcome the country’s skiers and snowboarders by 2013 or 2014.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I taught some South African clients in Saalbach last season, they said the skiing in SA sucks balls (or something to that effect).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carroz wrote:
video here of Afriski

http://youtube.com/v/iXH-e8GufVw

Looks pretty good for what it is!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy