Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footbeds and heel pads etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where is the best place to purchase these at a reasonable cost?

I have odd feet! Size 10 boots are always too tight. I have got my self a pair of 2nd hand 10.5/11 boots (29/29.5) and they are far more comfortable but just a mere fraction loose at the heel.

I am hoping that a insole/footbed etc will do this trick and make them perfect.

But which one and where from?

Mick
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
micksup, I have superfeet.

But enough boasting.
It's also the brand of insoles that I use.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
micksup, not convinced simply adding a footbed will necessarily help, as generally you remove the existing one first. You need a decent bootfitter. If you're in or near London, profeet have a good rep.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Without looking at your boot and foot it sounds like you'll need more then just a footbed. A good bootfitter should sort you out. It'll go something like this:

Custom footbed, IMO worth the extra pennies over a 'Superfeet' insole, although Superfeet are very good (also the high volume may take up some of the space around your heel area, so don't rule it out)

If necassary a volume reducer could be used under the footbed, this is only going to be used if the length of the boot is perfect for your foot but the boot is still to large.

As a final resort it would be possible to fit some non-compressible foam around the ankle area, between the boot liner and the shell, to hold your ankle / heel firmly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No such thing as a
Quote:
reasonable cost
when it comes to getting your boots fitting properly - it costs what it costs. But as a (very) rough idea, with a good boot-fitter it's reasonable to expect to shell out somewhere around the £100 mark, depending on what needs doing....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy