Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TOG 24 shell jacket - Guide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought one of these shell jackets - www.estore.tog24.com/mens/jackets/waterproofs/guide-mens-milatex-jacket.html in their sale just before the EOSB and have been using it for past 11 days in all conditions. It is as good for water/wind proof and breathability as my £400ish Peak Performance jacket and has more pockets. Lacks a snow skirt and underarm vents - but neither has been a problem and hem has a good drawstring. Good value at £70 and reminds me of the Gadget Show £50 - £400 shell jacket test winner which was a Millets £50 jobby - but could not find it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Colinstone,

I'm currently considering a new jacket and came across these too

http://www.tog24.com/guide-2-mens-jacket-captain-blue.html

how did yours do long term? Anyone else got any of the Tog 24 jackets, any opinions?

Look like a good deal
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My daughter worked at TOG24 at weekends for a few months earlier this year (until it closed down). Some of their stuff is pretty good, helped a lot by the healthy discount she got. They are quite big on Cocona which they are pushing as an alternative to goretex.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have had a Tog24 jacket for about 15 years. Still as good as new. Warm as toast. Only complaint is that it has so many pockets that i can never find anything!

It is SERIOUSLY yellow and every time I suggest changing to something less vibrant the whole family complains that they will no longer be able to see me on the slopes. I have had it so long that bright yellow is now back in fashion! So..... V happy with my TOG 24 jacket.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had Tog 24 ski gear and been very pleased - I'm actually wearing one of theirs at the moment as an everyday winter coat - I'm toasty and warm and can't fault them!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
foxtrotzulu,

Did you spot colinstone's location - are you anywhere near the abbey?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oldmike,
Sorry for the delay. Jacket has now done approx 35 weeks skiing and has been really good - at least as good as a £400 Peak Performance jacket. A couple of tape seams in hood have come undone, but reckon iron on tape will fix.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I must say, I have a tog 24 jacket that I picked up in a Tkmax for 27 quid. I skied last week at Nevis range in Scotland and literally had hours of blizzard conditions with almost constant wet snow, we took a real pounding. When removing the coat in the restaurant it was literally dripping wet but Inside was absolutely bone dry and i was lovely and warm all day. Good cheap gear in my eyes. On a similiar note, I just bought a mountain warehouse Softshell for 29 quid that feels just as well made as a marmot one I tried on in go outdoors that was 87 quid in the sale!

I really am convinced that so many people are having the wool firmly pulled over their eyes by marketing of the expensive brands. Having been in Ellis brigham recently I struggle to understand how they ever sell any coats at all. They have a men's jacket in this years catalogue that's over £700 ! What idiot would buy it??!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shootingmike, Better yet was the kids jackets for around £300! Toastertalby does currently have an O'Neil jacket that was probably expensive once but only £30 in Tacky Maxx but most of her ski career has been in Aldi stuff costing very little.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep, my kids were wearing tresspass salopettes and surfanic jackets that i'd re-proofed before we went as they're about 2 years old. Again, they were warm and completely dry despite being like drowned rats on the outside.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy