Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parkstrife MK

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else doing the ParkStrife session at the MK SnoZone on Friday? I seem to have just booked up for an airbag session so I can try some jumps I wouldn't normally try Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jeez... my knees and back ache. Too many jumps I think.

A VERY good night, tho. The 5 hrs means it's very good value for money. the airbag is fun, but aerials are far more difficult than they appear. I knew that, which is why I wanted to try the airbag.

Some freestyle coaching is in order I think.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
feef, do you get any coaching in the session or are you left to get on with it, what sort of jumps are you currently landing on snow and what were you trying to master with the bag and...did it help you master them.

I've been having little go at this stuff v recently and probably wouldn't mind giving it a bash, I find landing switch much easier on my knees.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
feef it sounds easier than it actually is but learning a good take off and straight jump is really important. It will make everything else much easier and a bit of coaching is really worth  it. There is shred freestyle coaching at mk and maverix coaching who are at Hemel quite often. 

BTW if you are a member of SCUK(about £15 /yr) you get 20% off slope time at mk.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feef, How did it go? Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is coaching available, but you need to seek out the guys. There were 2 board and 1 ski coach as far as I could tell.

I'm quite happy doing straight, upright jumps. Using "old school" names, I'm comfortable doing mule kicks, daffys back-scratchers and the like.. I just seem to fail miserably when it comes to spins and flips. I know the theory, it just doesn't happen.

I've had a look and there is indeed a coach at MK, that I could use on Thursday evenings. I think I might sign up for a few sessions of that. I'm not too fussed about grinding rails and whatnot, I much prefer jumps and drops, and that's what I often seek out when skiing on and offpiste.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy