Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What bindings for Whitedot The One?

Poster: A snowHead
I now need bindings for my Whitedot The One - suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I thought that's what you'd gone for from the description in the other thread.

Spyderjon's site recommends Vist Free with 92mm brakes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Marker Baron acts like a race plate for short radius turns
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
musher, I couldn't resist the price! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have vists on my preachers. Work fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've still got my Vist/Storm 412's with wide brake.

Please see Gear for Sale.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got Rossignol Axial2s on mine. Seems fine. I bought them 2nd hand with those mounted so I didn't really get a say.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Something in Orange or white would be best Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whatever Porters or Starthaus or Bobos/RMS have got on clearance with a wide enough brake.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 1-05-12 16:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm currently contemplating this too. Have a pair that need mounting but not in any rush so any advice appreciated.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got Vist 412s on mine and they feel perfectly solid
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had some vist 311s (I thinks) but the toepiece busted when the vertical release broke instead of releasing. I took them to a place galled the greenroom in Mayrhofen. The guy there said he's seen the same thing happen on a few paris of vist bindings before and basically said they weren't a brilliant freeride binding. I have since swapped them for some rossignol axial2 14 bindings which feel infinitely more solid and only cost me £120 which probably isn't far off what a set of 412s cost.

The only advantage (and it's not that significant) is that you can buy different covers for the vist bindings to make them any colour you want. I have to say though that orange and white don't look that great on the ones...black looks a lot better!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jbob wrote:
I have vists on my preachers. Work fine.

Me too Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BiG_tYrOnE, that's interesting as I've sold hundreds of pairs of Vists, mostly on fat skis, & not had one failure. All Vist's bindings come from the factory with the vertical release block installed in the toe piece which, unless being used for high end racing & at the customer's request, MUST be removed prior to installation - sounds like that hadn't been done in your case.

In my experience the PX/Axials get pretty rattly pretty quickly & I replace broken toe piece on a fairly regular basis.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, the vertical release blocks were removed, it was you who installed them Very Happy. The metal bracket inside which holds the spring in place had actually bent so the toe of my boot was able to move up and down. I sent the piece back to VIST who said that the forces used on it were too high Puzzled. The DIN wasn't set too high, I guess it must have just been an awkward fall. Anyway I bought a new toepiece from them as it was cheaper than getting a new set of bindings.
snow report
BiG_tYrOnE wrote:
......The metal bracket inside which holds the spring in place had actually bent so the toe of my boot was able to move up and down......

That's impressive as that's a mighty tough component. What were the circumstances of the crash?
ski holidays
Still got a pair of BNIB Vist/Storm 412's for sale @ £100 posted. BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
PX NehNeh
snow report
spyderjon, was in the park, landed right on my tails and the front of my boot popped out (luckily before my shins did). I didn't really notice until I was skating along and noticed the toe of my boot moving.
ski holidays
BiG_tYrOnE, Ouch! Pretty sure that type of impact has not been designed in to any binding.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy