Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whitedot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After reading DannyBO1's thread on powder skis I was rather amazed to arrive at line-up this morning to find a Whitedot demo tent set up. What was even better was that I didn't have any work assigned so I spent a couple of hours on the "One", while a friend demoed both the "One" and the "Defender". We both were given t-shirts by the company, and now I have to figure out if I can afford new skis...... wink

The "One" suited my purposes almost exactly - conditions were slushy spring snow, with some areas salted. I didn't get bogged down in the really wet stuff, and I could carve where I wanted to. To me, the ski feels solid with no deflection through the heavier mush, yet is versatile enough that I think I could use it as an everyday teaching ski (I can do my teaching demos on it). I probably would want a different ski for a dedicated powder lesson in our Sierra Cement, but it feels like it would work well enough for an intro to powder lesson, or when teaching smaller kids. I had a blast!

Nice to see that the company has expanded as far as Tahoe, and the skis are available retail in Tahoe City. Now I wonder if they need a mountain rep at Squaw? snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They don't do a Defender - presume you mean the Director, the purple 'un.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I probably would want a different ski for a dedicated powder lesson in our Sierra Cement

Thats a good point, used to work in Sierra on the South side a few years ago, good skiing and good people, but when it got warm it was solid snow in the trees!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy