Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody booked up for next year...

Poster: A snowHead
Still on the the last trip of this winter wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mid summer was the other day... surely it's the first of next season?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
surfstar wrote:
Macedonia in March! and not a ski lift in sight......Mmmmm love a bit of Cat Ski adventures!

Is Eskimo Freeride still operating? When looking last year the lack of activity on the website and FB had me convinced they had folded?

New stuff on the website for sure!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
andy wrote:
Mid summer was the other day... surely it's the first of next season?
In my mind the new season starts on 1 October, the same date as my Carte Neige policy. So this trip is week 13 of Season 2011/12. Week 1 of 2012/13 begins on 5 October...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Self Catering Appt = 5 weeks sold
B&B = New Year & Half Term nearly full, January 2 weeks to sell,
Good for June 30th. Need a good group for Christmas week now.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Been booked for a couple of weeks in USA and a couple of weeks in Austria, also have a week or two before Xmas in the pipeline.
Wish I could get the whole season sorted, so I didnt have to keep returning to real work in uk between trips.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Been booked for a couple of weeks in USA and a couple of weeks in Austria, also have a week or two before Xmas in the pipeline.
Wish I could get the whole season sorted,

you sound like you've got it pretty well sorted, actually! Despite having to do a spot of work between trips.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got four weeks of work sorted in Italy as of last week. Now it's a case of finally corralling everyone who has feigned interest in a 'mates trip' into one place to set the date, budget and resort (currently looking at going with Alpine Elements - we're keen on a chalet and their lift-pass deals look handy). Then, possibly a last-minute congratulatory trip to Whistler - the return of my previously annual pre-Christmas trip - if an event I'm running at the start of December is as successful as hoped. snowHead Fingers crossed on that last one...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't know whats stopping me, I've found a single room in a chalet in La Plagne for a good price and a flight from Newcastle to Geneva for only £170 with ski carriage plus a shared transfer with the chalet company. I really don't know whats holding me back!! rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
La Ros (with Esprit again) 3rd week in Jan - Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RichardB,

Do it! You'll be annoyed if you don't...

chemistry
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Christmas in Murren with all the family and then two heli trips to Canada.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not booked yet, still perusing, but def new year, then another week possibly march.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done it!! Chalet booked in Les Coches and flights from Newcastle to Geneva. Going on the 6th January can't wait! snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Argentiere and Courchevel 1850 trips sorted out for January so far.
ski holidays
Tignes in January for me. Very Happy
snow report
I've been having a real good look at the Paradiski piste map, Les Coches is pretty much in the middle of the whole area with Les Arcs on one side and La Plagne on the other, so a nice choice every morning! snowHead

Another thing is the excitement of going to a whole new area, I've only been to the 3 Valleys each time I've gone to France, so I'm happy to see a bit more of it.

6 months to go, when does the webcam watching begin?!
snow report
RichardB wrote:
I don't know whats stopping me, I've found a single room in a chalet in La Plagne for a good price and a flight from Newcastle to Geneva for only £170 with ski carriage plus a shared transfer with the chalet company. I really don't know whats holding me back!! rolling eyes

What website did you find that in? I'm always on the lookout for single rooms.
ski holidays
Ice and Fire chalets, £450 no single supplement.
latest report
St Anton first week in January with the Mrs. Just have to go back every year, we need therapy to kick the habit.
snow conditions
St Anton 6th Jan with the Mrs. Just have to go back every year, we need therapy to kick the habit. Anybody else out there with the same problem?
ski holidays
Just booked family trip to La Plagne for mid Jan, well excited Get In!!!
snow report
RichardB wrote:

Have you done it yet, and if not, why not? Toofy Grin
snow report
Cervinia over Xmas, Les Gets second week of jan, St Martin de Belleville first week in feb. get in!
ski holidays
La Tania first week in Feb at the Grand Bois apartments. I ask the other half "is it february yet?" at least once a day. :/
snow report
Just book the direct ski-train for both December and February half-term.

London to Bourg on both sets of dates by day-train on the direct service £142.00 per person.

Helps have a friend as a Travel Agent!!! They had access to the Eurostar booking system, which meer mortals can only have from July 31st.
snow conditions
sealey wrote:
Selva for Christmas and La Tania for the end of January.

Hi Sealey,

Do you know Selva?

My OH doesn't ski. She likes Livingo, but I've exhusted the skiing.

Livingo likes:

Lots of bars/restaurants
Lively
Shops/Small Super Markets
Slopes back into the town, so she can sit in the sun with a coffee/G&T/beer/bombardini and watch the skiing.

How does Selva compare?

snowHead Cool snowHead
latest report
Just booked Lake Tahoe, 10 nights Feb Half term, just blown all my Virgin points on upgrade to upper class Mrs Leeds & Little Leeds more excited about flight than trip rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ive booked flights for 2nd feb,when is the best time to start looking at hotels .This is the first time ive not booked with a tour company.
snow conditions
leedsunited,

I'm not surprised. The upgrades must cost more than the holiday Shocked
snow conditions
musher, Not a moneytary value, I have been collecting virgin points for last 10 + years flying with them on business and had a very large amount just sat there doing nothing so thought damm it use them.
snow report
leedsunited,

Yes, but that could have been another trip or two! It takes me a couple of years to build up enough point to fly the family pig & chicken. I not sure I would blow them on an upgrade
snow conditions
musher, I did think that but the wife has always wanted to do it and gets fed up of me telling her how nice it is that it really wasn't my choice SWMBO and all that.
latest report
Chris Wood741, There's not much for the non-skier in Selva, IMHO. Not many shops, not especially lively either and I thought the number of bars/restaurants to be rather on the low side for a large resort. There are slopes back into town, but they are on opposite sides of the valley and I don't recall anywhere great to sit and watch, apart from around the nursery slops on the Dantercepies side
snow report
Booked Scheffau for March with the wife & 2 kids. A bit long to wait, so I'll try and sneak a boys trip in Jan!
snow report
Following my successful trip away with 'the lads' last season, she is now talking about a sneaky cheap late week away 'sans children'... the research continues.
latest report
Tignes for December 15-22, Bansko January 19, and really hope I can also fit some Cervinia skiing for beginning of April.
latest report
Family trip to Morzine, early march.
Need to organise the early Jan gentlemens trip to Saalbach yet.
snow report
A month in St Anton, ie all of February. Singapore Airlines finally came to the party and published a decent fare; much later than most years.
snow conditions
Tignes December with Inspired to Ski. Our 4th year with them and always a great start to the season with good company and instructors. Would like to think I will return to 3vs at some point next season too.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy