Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody booked up for next year...

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Club Med again. I know that's lazy, but we all had such a blast last time that we figured "Why not?"!

Sorrry meant to say - Not Lazy at all - sounds great, it was fantastic for you all last year so why knock it. Will you be having lessons all day again this year or will you be having some time off? I know you really enjoyed skiing altogether with your family last year.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crikey this season has just finished and people are booking for next. I will sort out the Christmas trip in November and the Easter one some time later.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have booked one week in France and we are now thinking of booking a second week. Busy looking at resorts! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just book Schladming for Christmas!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am sadly finding that looking at the webcams in the summer is even more addictive than during the winter, what with all the construction/destruction work going on in the resorts that I am looking at. There must be therapy for this....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm trying not to think about it but with all this rubbish weather it feels like autumn, which feels like ski holiday planning time...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Missus booked today Very Happy
St.Anton in January with Espirit again. Expect Sideways_jnr to be taking his first tentative turns there...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Missus booked today Very Happy
St.Anton in January with Espirit again. Expect Sideways_jnr to be taking his first tentative turns there...

Great news which one are you staying in? We are staying in Pepi Gabl in April.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ferry booked 27 Nov - return trips not yet available for April!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chocksaway, That's just showing off wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway, excellent - hope to see you in December
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
S9BB, does that count? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Hope to go to Italy (Livingo} for Christmas. I'm playing chicken with the TOs.

snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
family all booked and paid for with esprit in the crystal 2000 for the 10th of Feb. Whilst I'm already counting the weeks, I'm not looking at the webcams just yet. Don't think the snow will beat 2011/2012 season but one can hope.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, Absolutely, might still be painting and laying carpet though! But we will have to nominate a bar - there won't be that many open at that time - but I will start contributing to the Tignes thread when I arrive with conditions tips etc.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NickyJ, Yes, thats the one. Will have to write a report for you once we've scoped it out... snowHead
ansta1, Enjoy Crystal 2000, we were there 2 years ago - tip - don't go to the hotel next door to buy orange juice, costs more than your lift pass!
snow conditions
Booked a week in Chiang Mai and 2 weeks in Khao Lak in April, no skiing booked yet, thinking of a road trip to the Dolomites in February.
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways, Yep, been there the previous 2 years and been going to 3v's one way or another since I started skiing (well before the kids came along). Accomodation is a little tired but the location just can't be bettered and love the 'esprit ethos for children'. The Courcheniege across the slopes is one of the best value restaurants in 1850, small stella 2.50 skiers lunch for 27.
ski holidays
ansta1, was surprised to see it as an option this year - we had heard that the owner had sold the hotel an that it was going to be redeveloped into a luxury hotel for Oligarchs and their "secretaries".
snow report
OK I know TO’s ain’t technically allowed in this thread but… NehNeh

I have just booked with Mark Warner for our end of season ski trip (after I’ve finished in Italy) end of next March to Val dIssere (hope that’s how you spell it).
Forget which hotel it’s at – it’s the one in the town center next to the round-a-bout.

Yeah I know I could have DIY’ed but can’t be bothered, so will let someone else do all the work.

And before anyone says anything I do know I could have saved 13p by going via Moscow and doing the cooking and walking from the airport and only skiing after 4pm and…. . . . . Toofy Grin Oh well

I Love Holidays Very Happy
snow conditions
Wayne, shame heard you could have got a deal in Folgarida wink
latest report
fatbob,
Yeah I don't get a bad deal there. Mid December to Mid March and I get paid for it. Could stay for longer but I find the end of the season REALLY depressing. Full of seasonairs getting ratted and doing all the things in one week that they wanted to be doing all season ? Yuk.

I did get offered a free 4 dedroom chalet in arabba by a mate of mine which I liked the sound of but Mrs_W likes VdI so, this being a democracy, we are going to VdI.

(she likes the french shops ya see)
snow report
Wayne wrote:
OK I know TO’s ain’t technically allowed in this thread but… NehNeh
I have just booked with Mark Warner for our end of season ski trip (after I’ve finished in Italy) end of next March to Val dIssere (hope that’s how you spell it).
Forget which hotel it’s at – it’s the one in the town center next to the round-a-bout.

It's Val d'Isère, and you will be staying at the Chalethotel Val d'Isère. I will probably be in Val the same week, but staying at the Moris up the road. I will also be booking the week before I go!

Miss it so much!
latest report
enjoyed les arcs so much last year booked for 9th Feb next year - counting the days snowHead
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
ansta1, was surprised to see it as an option this year - we had heard that the owner had sold the hotel an that it was going to be redeveloped into a luxury hotel for Oligarchs and their "secretaries".

So was I. I think Esprit had it on a 3 year deal originally, just wonder if the new (I am assuming Russian) owner is a little cash strapped or just milking the money out of it whilst he gets all the plans in place.

Either way we're happy family as it's just perfect in terms of location for us. And one or two niggles aside we are very happy with Esprit service.
ski holidays
Yep, moving to Innsbruck fulltime Very Happy
ski holidays
clarky999, Well done. I love it when a plan comes together. Good luck - what are your plans work-wise?
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
holidayloverxx, Absolutely, might still be painting and laying carpet though! But we will have to nominate a bar - there won't be that many open at that time - but I will start contributing to the Tignes thread when I arrive with conditions tips etc.

The Loop if it's open! Look forward to getting the tips....
snow report
clarky999, Yay!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999, let me know when you get there, perhaps we can meet up on the Tux this summer! Good luck with settling in and work. I'm sure your second family will be there to help out big time with all the bureaucracy. Laughing
snow report
Macedonia in March! and not a ski lift in sight......Mmmmm love a bit of Cat Ski adventures!
snow conditions
Might not be making it to the slopes this year...... Sad

Something rather wonderful is arriving in November, which might get in the way a little. Very Happy
snow report
Congratulations- so pleased for you- You will not miss the slopes this year, so much more to fill your time. But of course as soon as it walks it will need ski lessons !!
snow conditions
Quote:

But of course as soon as it walks it will need ski lessons !!

You can rest assured, this WILL happen....!

Keep your eyes peeled for a "What baby carrier for cruising the blues?" thread shortly...! Cool
ski holidays
Booked Meribel for late Feb woohoo!

Little girls first time too (4 years old) so we're all super excited.
ski holidays
Only two booked so far Zillertal over Christmas and Sainte Foy the begining of Feb. Still looking for long weekend first week of season. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Flachau January 12th - Woo Hoo snowHead
snow conditions
Kay,

Very much looking forward to the whole thing & have booked a few hours as a family at Hemel next month to help keep the excitement levels up...indeed, earlier this month I asked my 9 year old what she would do if she could spend a whole day doing anything at all. Her answer was "skiing" Very Happy Confirmation for me that it's money well spent!

We are indeed planning to spend a bit more time together as a family this time too. First time round the learning curve was so steep we didn't want to miss out for a second so attended every lesson we could. Second time round I hope we might do lessons for the first few days, but then maybe have an afternoon or two off together in the week and then ski together again on the last day, as before. Now we know a bit more about 'how the system works' I think we'll be more inclined to do our own thing a little more.

Already looking forward to it! I hope for all our sakes that the snow is good and I hope that you enjoy your holiday as much as I hope we'll enjoy ours! looking forward to reading the trip reports...

chemistry

PS Only downside is that my wife says she hates my blue ski pants and is threatening to make me buy a whole new 'more fashionable' ensemble.
snow conditions
Just booked 2 weeks in Canada Very Happy

Well the nights are officially drawing in! the ski season will be here before we know it!
latest report
Samerberg Sue wrote:
clarky999, let me know when you get there, perhaps we can meet up on the Tux this summer! Good luck with settling in and work. I'm sure your second family will be there to help out big time with all the bureaucracy. Laughing

Booked up for next January in Kirchberg 20th /27th. Taking in the downhill on the 26th, party afterwards

But out on the 7th of July for 2 weeks and fancied skiing up at the Tux. What will it be like at that time of year? It will either be there or at the Kitzsteinhorn.
jafa
ski holidays
Booked Snoworks Backcountry/Of Piste at Courmayeur in March.

Next issue is sorting out the travel from here, ideally avoiding flights down south.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy