Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coreupt Ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Just bought the girlfriend some CoreUPT Onerics. Anyone tried them out?

Bought the Lunatic for myself a few months ago. Cant argue with them prices!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just got The Caspers from Glisshop.

http://www.coreupt.fr/buy-ski/the-caspers

135 quid

Can't wait to try them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I still need to get my Pow's mounted up. Not sure whether to go with the Marker touring bindings on although thinking about it they are the only ones I have with wide enough brakes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having just mounted up a pair of bangers and tuned them, be aware as spyderjon has said earlier. The Top sheet mark on my pair was out by 3mm, (they had also stamped them twice! and rubbed out one mark) so needs to be measured

also the side edge angles on my pair were all over the place, base edge was better. The bases also took a lot of prep as they were very hairy and dirty, so lots of hot wax scrapes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carroz wrote:
Having just mounted up a pair of bangers and tuned them, be aware as spyderjon has said earlier. The Top sheet mark on my pair was out by 3mm, (they had also stamped them twice! and rubbed out one mark) so needs to be measured

also the side edge angles on my pair were all over the place, base edge was better. The bases also took a lot of prep as they were very hairy and dirty, so lots of hot wax scrapes

Yeah I had a good read of this and saw the excellent advice. Think im going to be mounting both sets in resort. Need to keep the weight down on my ski carriage...

Will fill our French tuners in on the deal. Cant be starting off the season on some dodgy edges/mount points can we.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jon mounted a pair of Vist bindings on my daughter's Coreupt Lady Rock and reset the edge angles to 3° a month or so ago. I won't wax them until before she goes away at half term, will make sure they get a good base clean first.

Although they are supposed to be 163cm I think they're probably more like 165 comparing them against other skis. She's only 165cm and 7 stones herself so I can't see her sinking in anything (they're 89mm underfoot) on those Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had two sets of Coreupt mounted with Quiverkillers fitted for KneeBindings and one with Markers - ski techs reported no issues (spyderjon knows them so I assume they are top notch). Apart from the fact that I had to make the bolts to various specific lengths for the QK's, fitting was easy and it all measures centred. Bases and edges look OK to me but I am going to give them all multiple hot waxes/scrapes/edge tunes prior to the slopes anyway. Top sheets seem OK - I never really worry too much about that as long as the sidewalls are bound on - which they are.

All in all, nothing to report except one happy camper with way, way to many pairs of skis now. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B wrote:

Although they are supposed to be 163cm I think they're probably more like 165 comparing them against other skis. She's only 165cm and 7 stones herself so I can't see her sinking in anything (they're 89mm underfoot) on those Very Happy

They're unlikely 165, I'm pretty sure mine were true to size. The fact is your other skis are measured before they press them, so your other skis are shorter than stated.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mag1882, Measured against 2 other pairs, 167 and 169 from 2 different manufacturers!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, manufactures measure skis differently in my experience, seem to remember my 179s were longer than JTs 183s a year or so back....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's not a problem I'm sure she'll be fine on them. Not sure whether she'll even take them at half term, we're flying and only able to take a pair each, it's up to her whether she takes those or her Blizzard piste skis. Will definitely take both at Easter though when we're driving.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To those who have the 184 Coreupt Bangers... Where did you mount the bindings?

I am debating between +2 & +3 from the reccommended line I want a good length of tail for riding switch)..
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Seriously considering the Oneirics, at €99 they seem a deal too good to be true. Anyone skied these? Worth a punt?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
reaps, I mounted my yards at true centre, Got to use them for one day at the end of last season, they were different at first but quick to adjust to, and I'm glad I got them centred.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Christened my ascentions yesterday. Very pleased for €80!
ski holidays
reaps, I think my use of the bangers and yours may be slightly different, i don't ski switch (well try not too!) Wanted them for tree skiing, and the dodge conditions you get in the trees,so have fitted a binding i can move boot centre a bit, def don't want even more tail then the standard boot centre mark.
snow report
Thought i would give some feedback on the 174cm bangers i skied for the first time today.

Snow was soft pistes, getting harder towards bottom of les carroz, off piste soft up top, but a bit crusty and cruddy lower down.

Settled on 1cm back from the centre mark, but i only ski switch a little bit when playing about and on these i did alot, felt like a big kid!! very easy to spin. On soft pistes they ski like a very short slalom ski, quick edge to edge, can make very quick short turns, much more lively than i thought they would be...in a word FUN!

Going quicker they do flap a little, but the edge grip is still there (3 degrees side) On harder pistes much better than i expected and they carve pretty well, just not very precise, but more flapping......

off piste they are good fun, but get bounced about and deflected by crud which my fischer 98's would not, worked better off piste 2cm back from centre, and floated well due to the rocker which really works, and are still quick and easy to turn so as i suspected were very good in trees and tight areas, really easy to flick sideways if needed.

overall much much more impressed than i expected, especially the amount of rebound from them, however if you are heavier then me (12 stone) than perhaps they would be a bit soft and if you ski quickly off piste then would not be stable enough The 174cm skis really really short, and on piste like a 150cm slalom ski.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy