Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coreupt Ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Nah that's cool, I Doubt he'll have any problems, as I suspect part of my problems may have been due to a bad boot setup(Changed boots after having them mounted). But I'm sure he'll let me know.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good attitude and come back snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mag1882
Just going over another thread you posted regarding my marker bindings

Advantages Are they'll fit A wide range of boot sole lengths without having to be redrilled, the negative is(like all marker track bindings) the toe/heel might slide off(especially if the worm wears away, mine constantly comes off and it's annoying) but it may be different on these.

Any chance you could explain that one to me please?
That was a week ago posted here on the armada arv and marker jester fs thread
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it's mounted badly and you have to set the forward pressure far forwards, when you release it might sometimes come off, you can test this by screwing it towards the front end of the rail and it'll just slide straight forwards, make sure it's not mounted badly or this will happen.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
found this review of slasher, with some mounting point ideas that may be useful. Mine have just arrived and the tip rocker is a bit larger than expected!! Shocked

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2012-2013-coreupt-slasher
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My son just got his slashers too. Crivvens - they are massive. A couple of minor flaws on the top sheets but hey they were 99 euros. Marker Griffon bindings look a bit weird - all in all a happy camper thus far.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fifespud wrote:
Marker Griffon bindings look a bit weird

They're fine, just don't mount them badly like mag1882 Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carroz wrote:
found this review of slasher, with some mounting point ideas that may be useful. Mine have just arrived and the tip rocker is a bit larger than expected!! Shocked

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2012-2013-coreupt-slasher

& Fifespud

Colour me pee'd off. wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got my slashers about a week ago, in tip top shape, however just by looking at the top sheets I can tell they'll chip up quick but I don't give a rats ass about that, so you all going to be mounting 2cm back?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have the bindings centred as per Coreupts recommendation. The good thing about the Griffon's is it looks fairly easy to move the weight fore and aft.

Cant wait for the first trip!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pretty positive they don't recommend centre, unless you're talking core centre.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having measured the little triangle boot center mark it's already a few cm back from dead center on the ski's. I was tempted to mount a spare pair of Salomon rental bindings that have adjustable toe and heal locations with would have allowed for some adjustment. However I'm tempted to go directly to my Barons. Hard to know as I don't fancy forking out for skins \ crampons....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AndAnotherThing.., get quiver killers then you can move your Barons around...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Maybe.... I think before I make a decision I need to get some new boots sorted. They will probably be a shorter BSL which could impact the decision. Then the question is Alpine \ Touring \ Both !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mag1882 wrote:
pretty positive they don't recommend centre, unless you're talking core centre.

I meant neither - sorry - just where they recommend - Conrad fitted them.
ski holidays
ahh so annoying why did they have to lie to me about my skis being sold out when they were still selling them to all you guys Twisted Evil now that there's evidence here they wont reply to me, have bought a few skis from them in the past always been good now i cant help but feel hate towards them and i cant ever buy any of their deals again must cut nose off to spite face on this one.
ski holidays
geeo, Did the same to me. Think they might have genuinely cocked up their order book but its not generated goodwill with me given the number of people who ordered later who got them & their lack of effort to put it right. No real grudge wink against those who did get lucky however.
latest report
fatbob, Well the ones I bought haven't been viewed yet, if they're no good I may be able to offer a pair of 163cm Lady Rocks wink
snow report
Colin B, I suspect highly unlikely that little B turns her nose up. Look great from the pic you've posted and I was given the opportunity to buy them on the Monday anyway "as a goodwill gesture".
snow conditions
fatbob, I suspect not either (she'd better not) Very Happy
snow report
and now DB's start appearing on ebay............ for £210!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/funkymonkey900/m.html?hash=item33763af840&item=221026908224&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

perhaps greedy Fitzwilliam may be more appropriate
latest report
carroz, Why is it greedy, at that price they're still a bargain.........you never sold anything for a profit?
snow report
Especially as Sport Conrad still have them in stock in that size for €99.90
ski holidays
Mine have arrived Happy (Oneric)
They're (as intended) a totally different ski to my dearly beloved Atomic ST (black bases in photo) so will be interesting getting to know them! Intend to use them for UK use only really and see how I get on... If all fails I'll take the bindings back off and make my fortune on ebay wink

Edit: Hmmm, can't get photo to upload the way it normally does! Oh well, use your imagination!!
snow conditions
wigan, You want me to use my Coreupt imagination ? Might be a bad move. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Isn't the Dirty Fitzwilliam a bit narrow in the shovel at 116mm for an all mountain ski? Current skis are 123mm on pretty much same waist and tail.
ski holidays
Ah, it's working again now!
Well here they are. Rather a different shape to my usual short egg-timer shaped skis, but time I tried something different Toofy Grin
snow report
Can someone explain why Fitzwilliam means Fitzwilliam.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah I see now.
snow conditions
To all the new Coreupt owners here please ensure when you get them mounted that the Tech measures the mounting point position on both skis as I've mounted three pairs today (Slasher, Banger & a DB) & all were out by 3-5mm. This should be standard practice but I see loads of mismounted bindings caused from not doing this basic check. BTW, most manufacturers surprisingly allow upto 5mm of difference in the marked mounting positions between the two skis & them still be passed as A grade. It's usually caused by the printed top sheet shifting slightly in the press but sidewall printed mounting points can still be out as well.
snow report
spyderjon, as i have to do them myself............

at the moment i do a straight pull measure from the tail and then use the manfacturers actual measurement which is sometimes published eg rossi S3, or if nothing published just make sure they are the same, choosing one ski as the "correct" one or should i average the difference and mount both there? Puzzled
snow conditions
carroz, It's also possible for the two skis to be slightly different lengths so I'd recommend measuring from the tip as it's the length of the two skis in front of the bindings that should match, & any error is then in the tail. Very few makers publish the mounting point measurements so if it's a piste ski I'm mounting I use the forward of the two & if it's an all mtn/powder ski I use the rearward.
ski holidays
spyderjon, When you say they measure the mounting position, how can you do this if they don't tell you what the position is SUPPOSED to be?
ski holidays
spyderjon, thanks, from the tip it now will be
snow report
mag1882, you're checking that the marked mounting position on the two skis match. On an A quality ski there shouldn't be more than 5mm difference & I can't remember seeing a pair that was greater than that for a couple of years. My post above details what I do if there's a mismatch.

A greater than 5mm difference should classify the skis as factory seconds/B grades/blems which are sold off cheaper. If it's only a slipped top sheet that's caused the downgrade then you've got yourself a bargain but a difference of more than 5mm is a clue to me to examine the skis carefully for any other issues, especially if the owner hasn't bought them as blems.
snow conditions
spyderjon, Cheers for the heads up snowHead
snow report
spyderjon, I'll let you worry about all of that when I come to get the QKs fitted!
(on a slight side-note, sorry for not replying to your PM, really busy with exams etc. at the moment, I will indeed be bringing my Bangers and Fitzwilliams to you for the QKs, am I right in thinking it'll be £48 for the inserts, £70 for two lots of drilling and installation and £5 for the screw set?)
snow report
Iaink wrote:
spyderjon, I'll let you worry about all of that when I come to get the QKs fitted!
(on a slight side-note, sorry for not replying to your PM, really busy with exams etc. at the moment, I will indeed be bringing my Bangers and Fitzwilliams to you for the QKs, am I right in thinking it'll be £48 for the inserts, £70 for two lots of drilling and installation and £5 for the screw set?)

£10 ............ cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No questions asked! wink
snow report
Iaink, yep.
snow report
FOR SALE - Correupt Asention 184cm skis

Firstly before anyone criticises me for profiteering, thats definitely NOT what I'm about here! Very Happy

I bought a pair of 184cm Coerupt Asention skis in the recent Sport Conrad sale and now 4-5 weeks or so since delivery I have started to think WHY? I have an as new pair of Volkl Mantra skis also 184cm's and had hoped that the Coerupts would offer me something different, but it appears they will likely be the same ride so am now thinking I may as well sell them, so am keen to listen to any reasonable offers.

I am not looking for any great profit, and will consider all reasonable offers over £145 from a SH and for this price will deliver them to you within 100 miles of my home on a weekend, not keen to post - so say within a line north of Birmingham to say Newcastle. I can just see them sitting gathering dust rather than being higher up as a first pick-ski in my quiver, and they need to be used, great skis. I bought them as a Mantra stand-in rock skis, now thinking it was a mistake. Brand new.

There were a lot of disappointed SH's at the time, who missed out - hopefully someone will snap these up and I dont have to mess about with ebay. Please PM me if interested, can do cash or Paypal. Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy